Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 05:38 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times

Advertisements

I've just got a wedding invitation with a difference..... It's in August and it's in Jackson Mississippi.

Someone I was in the army with is marrying a woman that was in the US Army whom he met when they were at Camp Bastion, Afgh' years ago. They've been together in Jackson for a couple of years and now they're tying the knot.

So, i'll be heading there for a week at the end of August, should be interesting, i've never been to a southern state before i'm looking forward to it. Oh, there'll be no wife with me either as she's chairing a conference in Germany that week. I'll be flying solo in a strange land.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I've just got a wedding invitation with a difference..... It's in August and it's in Jackson Mississippi.

Someone I was in the army with is marrying a woman that was in the US Army whom he met when they were at Camp Bastion, Afgh' years ago. They've been together in Jackson for a couple of years and now they're tying the knot.

So, i'll be heading there for a week at the end of August, should be interesting, i've never been to a southern state before i'm looking forward to it. Oh, there'll be no wife with me either as she's chairing a conference in Germany that week. I'll be flying solo in a strange land.
Strange indeed! Just don't let that taint your view of all southern states

Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Make sure you guys don't watch "Mama."

Have you seen it?
That looks pretty creepy too.

We rented some flick not to long ago, Chernobyl Diaries...I didn't find it all too scary though. Kind of stupid actually. I was able to get through that movie, simply because I kept waiting for the "scary part"

Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Strange indeed! Just don't let that taint your view of all southern states
No kidding, of all the f****** up places to visit for the first time. I hope he doesn't pass through any of the backwoods racist towns there.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:

The weather is gonna be miserable, just prepare yourself for that.

Yeah, and the southern drawl might take you back a bit, and depending on who you run into, you're gonna get a lot of "you talk funny" comments, not sure which regional UK accent you have though....other than that, I hear the southerners can be really nice and friendly....

Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Mississippi, the United States very own short bus state.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:

Seems as though your friend has a slight sadistic streak. Enjoy yourself otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Have you seen it?
That looks pretty creepy too.

We rented some flick not to long ago, Chernobyl Diaries...I didn't find it all too scary though. Kind of stupid actually. I was able to get through that movie, simply because I kept waiting for the "scary part"
Yeah, we just watched it about a week ago. It has some cheesy parts, but there were a lot of good, creepy scenes, LOL.

Haven't seen the other one. I see it got 2 1/2 stars on Netflix.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:23 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
This is gonna be family weekend, apparently, last night was Mrs. Chow's dad, tonight it's her mom. I love her mother, but I wish I could just stay home, my inner loner/introvert doesn't like to do back to back family outings....

We're just doing it because next weekend is gonna be our anniversary, and we want to maybe take a hot air balloon ride, except they are having some wildfire issues where they do the balloon launching, so we'll have to see how that shakes out, Catalina Island is also an option that we like.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:52 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Mississippi, the United States very own short bus state.
I beg to differ, FL has that covered.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I beg to differ, FL has that covered.
I thought Florida was heaven's waiting room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.