Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times

Advertisements

Chat threads are here so you can chat about things that are not related to Relationships. There are rules though

1. No bashing or discussing other members.
2. Do not discuss other forums or provide links to that forum
3. Keep it clean and report bad posts
4. Have fun

We have had a chat thread here for a long time so it is up to you whether or not we continue to have one.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
FK me, test results got call from Dr office, test results, neg on the TIA, evidently just the usually seizure and ultrasound for lady parts fibroids. Can't kill this darn bioatch, it seems. Maybe I better stop drinking that tea. j/k. At least now I know what part of the reason the excessive bloating is attributed and not just a reaction to certain foods alone.

My daughter sent me a text earlier, she wants to run away from hubby and daughter, said lets move to CA. I said OK, she text back that she's serious, I said, I'd get back to her after I hear from my doctors. I didn't exactly explain. But at least now, I can tell her I might have en ought left in me for a road trip to Cali. Maybe we'll become hippies or something.

Happy Monday people.

I had a weird dream last night might share, but had something to do with people saying they can't stand me because I lack emotions. hmmm. Don't know why that just caused me to LOL.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:21 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
FK me, test results got call from Dr office, test results, neg on the TIA, evidently just the usually seizure and ultrasound for lady parts fibroids. Can't kill this darn bioatch, it seems. Maybe I better stop drinking that tea. j/k. At least now I know what part of the reason the excessive bloating is attributed and not just a reaction to certain foods alone.

My daughter sent me a text earlier, she wants to run away from hubby and daughter, said lets move to CA. I said OK, she text back that she's serious, I said, I'd get back to her after I hear from my doctors. I didn't exactly explain. But at least now, I can tell her I might have en ought left in me for a road trip to Cali. Maybe we'll become hippies or something.

Happy Monday people.

I had a weird dream last night might share, but had something to do with people saying they can't stand me because I lack emotions. hmmm. Don't know why that just caused me to LOL.
Glad everything worked out for you! I know how uneasy all that can make a person.
I went through a period where it seemed I had everything scanned and biopsied. I don't get stressed easily, unless it comes to health...then I'm a freakin' basket case.

I think you deserve a little road trip! Time away with family sounds like what you and your daughter need!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Glad everything worked out for you! I know how uneasy all that can make a person.
I went through a period where it seemed I had everything scanned and biopsied. I don't get stressed easily, unless it comes to health...then I'm a freakin' basket case.

I think you deserve a little road trip! Time away with family sounds like what you and your daughter need!

Thank you Sixy.

Time away from daughter is exactly what I needed and did, now she wants us to move away and be together again. Talk about committing suicide. I would surely take a gun to the head if I chose that plan of action. Love my daughter, but we can't share the same state.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Thank you Sixy.

Time away from daughter is exactly what I needed and did, now she wants us to move away and be together again. Talk about committing suicide. I would surely take a gun to the head if I chose that plan of action. Love my daughter, but we can't share the same state.
LOL... can't share the same state..., yeah, sometimes you may love a family member but too much togetherness can be harmful...

It's like that with my Dad, 2 days is about as long as we can do together without him turning into a major nagger...... He just has a tendency to nitpick crap all the time, I've done pretty well with my life, for the most part, but IDK... it's hard to explain.. I think it's just his personality, he nitpicks his wife to death.....

Anyway glad to hear the test results weren't bad news.

Maybe we should go watch The Heat again to put us in a funner mood.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Thank you Sixy.

Oh no...then you best take a road trip without her!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... can't share the same state..., yeah, sometimes you may love a family member but too much togetherness can be harmful...

It's like that with my Dad, 2 days is about as long as we can do together without him turning into a major nagger...... He just has a tendency to nitpick crap all the time, I've done pretty well with my life, for the most part, but IDK... it's hard to explain.. I think it's just his personality, he nitpicks his wife to death.....

Anyway glad to hear the test results weren't bad news.

Maybe we should go watch The Heat again to put us in a funner mood.

I'm game. Supposed to see White House Down with my group on Tuesday, still on the fence about going, not a big fan of either actor.

On the family thing, I hear ya, I always feel like I have to walk a balancing act when it comes to my daughter, she seems to think she's the parent most of the time. Also, you know how it is when guys are put in that situation of being asked, Does this make me look fat? I often feel like that in most of our conversations, I feel like a dear in head lights, I weighing my words, pausing thinking, just how much wrath will I get if I go with what's behind curtain a as opposed to curtain b or c. It was like that last night when she wanted advice about dealing with how she reacted to a delicate situation handling a message she saw on her daughter's cell phone. It was pointless asking what she was doing looking at the phone to begin with, but I asked and received the or it was ringing and blah, blah, blah. I know my daughter and frankly after some talk, I told her it was none of her business, we did end up talking for another hour and she calmed down and after the usual rehashing of the past and telling me how I didn't exactly handle things perfectly with her all the time, she told me she appreciated all my good advice and that she felt so much better. But not before she tried to guilt trip me as usual. No, a road trip of that or living in the same house again, I rather slit my throat.

PS, am a bit upset with the granddaughter's recent behavior, going to have a chat with her, not going to mention the phone call, not going to accuse her, but will let her know that, I'm here for her if she needs to talk, but also will tell her she needs to check herself. She knows her mother tells me everything, so she won't be upset about that, just a little embarrassed that I'm calling her out on some behavior that she needs to reevaluate why she's doing it.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM

I hate shopping for underwear. I think I spent 20 minutes looking at the displays on the wall...unsure what to buy. I really just wanted flesh toned undies in a hipster cut without the giant waistband. Impossible!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I hate shopping for underwear. I think I spent 20 minutes looking at the displays on the wall...unsure what to buy. I really just wanted flesh toned undies in a hipster cut without the giant waistband. Impossible!
I hate shopping for them too, evidently there are a lot of women with over sized derrières because my size seems to always be one of the two sizes that run out first.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Around these parts you are discouraged from putting screens on the front windows (I can't remember if it is against HOA). We did put a glass front door on though, that pulls down to a half screen. We get a nice cross breeze like that.

My 2nd floor is hot...3rd floor is ridiculous. We've had plastics melt up there in the unfinished space

You are on the upper floors right? Is it cooler on the lower levels there?
Third of four floors facing west our unit has a natural temp that stays in the mid 70s. In the winter I will open the balcony doors at night to cool the place off and by midday the temp will find it's way back to it's natural state......with no heat.
Quote:
I hate shopping for them too, evidently there are a lot of women with over sized derrières because my size seems to always be one of the two sizes that run out first.
Pffft! Everybody on this planet has my shoe size, pants size, and shirt size. And the underwear, you think if you grab two packs of the same type it would all fit the same. Ohhhh helllllll noooo! Apparently when making the underwear they just guess at the sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships