Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 03:11 PM

72 posts, read 206,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You still haven't addressed the point that she is fat, has 2 kids, suffers from post partum, and in her 40's. She is going to have a hard time finding a successful man in her age range. Successful men in their 40's have the power just like 20's women have the power. Why would that successful man care that she is successful? Being successful doesn't give a man a boner. That successful man is going to realize he is going to have to take care of her kids with his money. That is going to be a dealbreaker for most childless men in that age range. Plus she is overweight. Why would that successful man deal with all the negatives to settle for an overweight woman who isn't giving him kids when he could get a 30 year old attractive in shape childless woman?

Amen.

Easily the best post in their thread so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

805 posts, read 1,558,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Would the people saying here that OP should resign herself to a lifetime of involuntary celibacy give the same advice to a successful, fat man with 4 year old twins?

No, we would tell him to go after a 20 year old hottie.

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Successful men in their 40's have the power just like 20's women have the power.
We do? I didn't get the memo.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Do you want me to re-send it?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Would the people saying here that OP should resign herself to a lifetime of involuntary celibacy give the same advice to a successful, fat man with 4 year old twins?

Quote:
Why would that successful man care that she is successful?...That successful man is going to realize he is going to have to take care of her kids with his money.
Maybe he is smart enough to understand that her sucess means he does not have to fund the kids, ever?

Maybe he is like most men in their 40s and is baby-crazy?

Just because you and Highlife don't crave kids doesn't mean that most men are like you.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:13 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You aren't successful

Old 07-02-2013, 03:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Biologists and physicists are generally very to extremely liberal. Chemists and engineers are usually conservative or libertarian, as you say.

And of course social scientists are almost all very liberal. Knowing what they know.

Computer science and math types span the whole spectrum and then some .
I know several physicists and they are all generally non political, electical engineering closely parallels physics and they have that kinda granola persona but most of them slightly conservative leaning as that is where most of their funding comes from.

Biology depends on the type of "biology", some studys of biology is pseudo science. Bio engineering or hard biology is usually catgorized as an area of special interest to either chemistry or chemical engineering. Most engineers/scientists that have to go through the guantlet dont want to be associated with "biology", too many people that follow whales around in a boat in hawaii that call themselves "biologists".

Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
Maybe he wants to be a dad? Why would I want to be with anyone for whom my children were a liability?
Who says he will think of them as a liability? But how can a mother expect anyone else to love her kids as much as she does? And you're not just asking him to love them - you are asking him to adopt them, meaning he is financially responsible for them and responsible in how they turn out as far as raising them, teaching them, and looking out for their well being FOREVER. I am just saying telling a guy you want a dad for your children is a good way to scare him off even if he's a nice guy who might be okay with being a dad to your kids further down the line when he knows you and them better.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Successful men in their 40s may be in demand. I think they can date 20-60 year old women, whoever they want. Surely they'd prefer the 20 year olds. The successful guy (Joe) can say, "Hey, Bob, meet my girlfriend, Heather." Bob goes green with envy 'cause Heather's a hottie. Oh, and if Joe is healthy, trim, and attractive, he has the world (and Heather) by the tail. Any Joes out there?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Would it be so awful to be alone? Look, I'm mid forties, no kids, graduate education, awesome job, athletic but not in a manly way, lol, own my own home, love cars, cooking, ice hockey, travel, hate drama. And you know what, I don't even think about dating anymore because I reached my expiration date years ago, men want young women, around here they want RHOC knock offs with fake tans, hair, nails, drama queen gold diggers. That's the way it is. And that's ok.
Oh come on this can't be true, this expiration date business. I am in my 40s and am in a very similar demographic as you. I have no problem with getting dates at all. And I don't mean online, I mean IRL. Maybe you need to expand your social circle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships