Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
I don't need a guy who is a carbon copy of me. But I REALLY want to meet a genuine Christian who is also a democrat (whether he supports the entire party platform or not), who is also educated, successful (not rich necessarily), at least my height, not far from my age, any kids he has are adults, he would like having little ones around again...this man does not exist, does he? I have looked on match.com, OKCupid, and eharmony. Am I asking for too much? Am feeling discouraged and the guys I do see on there, just can't muster much interest in.
What's wrong with Republicans? If he keeps his mouth shut when you guys talk about politics, are you going to be okay with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Only change in your thinking will help you.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 AM

511 posts, read 838,466 times
lilyflower, I just could not go there. A man who would vote for Romney? A man who would vote for a McCain/Palin ticket? A man who values the unborn but once a child is born, he'd better pull himself up by his bootstraps and not rely on the government to fill his stomach? :\ I could not do it.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
lilyflower, I just could not go there. A man who would vote for Romney? A man who would vote for a McCain/Palin ticket? A man who values the unborn but once a child is born, he'd better pull himself up by his bootstraps and not rely on the government to fill his stomach? :\ I could not do it.
A lot of Republicans (like myself) don't vote along party lines. If he respects your political view, can you respect his?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:21 AM

33 posts, read 66,713 times
You might be asking too much. You might be so into your criteria that you are missing what you want.

Stop focusing on who THEY are, but focus more on who YOU ARE.

You will project that in your dates, try to not treat the dates like job interviews, just enjoy yourself. Stop eliminating people based on things like religion which believe it or not, can change. You cannot EXPECT change, but for people who want to be together, they naturally tend to find middle ground.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I'm democrat, who lives in a Republican state, but I don't cling to politics like you do. As long as the person I was dating aren't going to shove her political views down my throat I wouldn't have an issue with it.

But good grief do I know some F'up republicans who are so blinded by there views they can't see right from wrong.

My best friend is republican, and he never brings up politics unless it's topical IE: it's time to vote for president, but we don't get into huge arguments either.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I don't want to get off OT, but I am amazed that people hold politics in such high regard when finding a mate, when the majority of elected officials don't do anything people voted for them to do. Religion I can understand, but no politics. It is such a wasted argument, and I feel such a silly pre requisite when looking for a mate. I could tell you I am a democrat, and vote republican every single time, and tell you I voted for the whole democratic ticket. But that's just my opinion.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
I don't need a guy who is a carbon copy of me. But I REALLY want to meet a genuine Christian who is also a democrat (whether he supports the entire party platform or not), who is also educated, successful (not rich necessarily), at least my height, not far from my age, any kids he has are adults, he would like having little ones around again...this man does not exist, does he? I have looked on match.com, OKCupid, and eharmony. Am I asking for too much? Am feeling discouraged and the guys I do see on there, just can't muster much interest in.
Be more flexible with the items I boldfaced and you'll find him.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
No. Your expectations are not realistic.

Welcome to dating in 2013. Can someone tell me when the official sighting of the unicorn occurred? I missed that memo.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
I have never liked being single so I have never ad such standards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships