Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

See the confusing thing for me is why the hesitation for a girl to give me her number of she is attracted to me and we are having good email cmm

I come from the world of telephone dating and once someone liked your voice then we got off the line and started talking on the phone

So that's why I don't understand if someone likes my pic and what i said in my profile why we can move to the next step which is the telephone.

I have no interest in IM or texting when I first meet someone. The phone is what helps us connect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
See the confusing thing for me is why the hesitation for a girl to give me her number of she is attracted to me and we are having good email cmm

I come from the world of telephone dating and once someone liked your voice then we got off the line and started talking on the phone

So that's why I don't understand if someone likes my pic and what i said in my profile why we can move to the next step which is the telephone.

I have no interest in IM or texting when I first meet someone. The phone is what helps us connect
Because she doesn't feel comfortable with you yet. Sometimes women (and men, I'm sure) need some time to give out their number...it's a huge pain in the butt to change your phone number if you get some wacko who won't leave you alone, and there are soooo many men who think sending pictures of their junk is a good idea.

You seem pushy and even if I wanted to move things offline I would change my mind super quickly if a guy was pushy about it.

You say you have no interest in IM or texting and want to talk on the phone...I have no interest in talking on the phone and prefer either meeting in person or texting/IM. See, people have different preferences.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because she doesn't feel comfortable with you yet. Sometimes women (and men, I'm sure) need some time to give out their number...it's a huge pain in the butt to change your phone number if you get some wacko who won't leave you alone, and there are soooo many men who think sending pictures of their junk is a good idea.

You seem pushy and even if I wanted to move things offline I would change my mind super quickly if a guy was pushy about it.

You say you have no interest in IM or texting and want to talk on the phone...I have no interest in talking on the phone and prefer either meeting in person or texting/IM. See, people have different preferences.

And meeting someone and setting up a date with text cmm only is a good way to get stood up.

Not going to do it

Old 07-10-2013, 12:40 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,597 times
Why would someone be more likely to stand you up if you arranged the date via email or text, rather than via a phone call?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
And meeting someone and setting up a date with text cmm only is a good way to get stood up.

Not going to do it
Why?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why?

I met someone like that one time and the person never showed. Now I'm not saying you can't be stood up if you talk on the phone but I think it's more likely if u only chat through email and text

Old 07-10-2013, 12:50 PM

523 posts, read 840,477 times
Quote:

Not going to do it
I have set up MANY dates through text and have never been stood up. I think this is just an excuse. It seems like it's your way or the highway which isn't attractive at all.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Why would someone be more likely to stand you up if you arranged the date via email or text, rather than via a phone call?

Because it's not normail to not want to atleast chat 5 mins before you agree to see someone face to face.

Why not talk 5 mins about when and where to meet?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I'd think that setting something up over the phone makes it more likely that someone would forget or misremember details, whereas if it's in a text or an email, the date/time/location is there in black and white.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'd think that setting something up over the phone makes it more likely that someone would forget or misremember details, whereas if it's in a text or an email, the date/time/location is there in black and white.

Well that means they are not serious about meeting if they forget after a phone conversation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships