Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this okay?
Yes. 1 7.14%
No. 13 92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM

14 posts, read 13,398 times

Advertisements

I have a guy friend that seems to not know up or down when it comes to women and relationships. We often go over hypothetical situations at length and his answers baffle me. It is possible that I am being an overly-sensitive female, but it could be that he really is just that maladjusted.

Considering our most recent hypothetical discussion, what's your take on it?

The "situation" is:
Your boyfriend comes home with panties from another woman. He didn't cheat on you; a woman that found him attractive gave them to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,161,433 times
What questions and scenarios are you presenting? An example of one or two would be helpful. Situations may not be black or white and relationships can be complex, Esp in regards to ones views on this subject.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
What questions and scenarios are you presenting? An example of one or two would be helpful. Situations may not be black or white and relationships can be complex, Esp in regards to ones views on this subject.
That's a good point. Assume for the sake of this situation that it's a monogamous, non-open relationship. The situation in question is in the first message because it wouldn't quite fit in the poll.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,098,580 times
Not okay with me. What would be the reason for him keeping them and bringing them home?

I'm not sure I'd actually believe the story either.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,686,515 times
If you suspect that he is retarded, he probably is!

(Sorry)

Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Not okay with me. What would be the reason for him keeping them and bringing them home?

I asked that very same question. According to him:
Quote:
I'd keep them as a memento. One day I'll be old and gray and ugly, and it'll be nice to have a little something to remind me that I was good looking once.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Seriously. Why would he accept them and bring them home? What is he planning on doing with them?

<edit> So he's just going to hang onto some strange woman's underwear as an ego boost? Mmkay.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:16 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,486,675 times
Some people - for whatever reason (e.g., narcissism, Aspergers) - do not understand social conventions and boundaries even after discussion.

For those who do understand, the "rules" are what the couple agrees on and decides to abide by. Of course, one or both may not follow the rules, or think they only apply to the other person!

As for your example, OP, your bf is either clueless or perhaps just helpful (as in he may wash them and return them LOL).

Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,840,641 times
The word fidelity means truth. The idea of being faithful ...does not just mean something sexual. If a man or woman is faithful to their mate..They have FAITH in them...they are emotionally and intellectually loyal to them...if for instance a man or woman have a "friend" who they become more emotionally connected too than their own mate- They are unfaithful- regardless if they have had illicit sex with them or not.

There are two following degrees of unfaithfulness. The first as I said is to lose faith in that person - and secondly the bodily betrayal of illicit sex. Being unfaithful emotionally to your partner is just as serious as the sexual act of betrayal. A man or woman will not have sex with another person if they have faith in them...soon as faith and belief in your partner takes place- that is when illicit sex follows.

I have seen situations where the woman is more emotionally connected to a male "friend" than her own husband...The retort is usually "They should be allowed to have MALE friends" NOT if that male friend is too close. Your best friend is your partner...your only friend is your partner...all others are associates who have to be kept at a proper arms length.

Fidelity means you are true in heart to ONE person

Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,840,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The word fidelity means truth. The idea of being faithful ...does not just mean something sexual. If a man or woman is faithful to their mate..They have FAITH in them...they are emotionally and intellectually loyal to them...if for instance a man or woman have a "friend" who they become more emotionally connected too than their own mate- They are unfaithful- regardless if they have had illicit sex with them or not.

There are two following degrees of unfaithfulness. The first as I said is to lose faith in that person - and secondly the bodily betrayal of illicit sex. Being unfaithful emotionally to your partner is just as serious as the sexual act of betrayal. A man or woman will not have sex with another person if they have faith in them...soon as faith and belief in your partner takes place- that is when illicit sex follows.

I have seen situations where the woman is more emotionally connected to a male "friend" than her own husband...The retort is usually "They should be allowed to have MALE friends" NOT if that male friend is too close. Your best friend is your partner...your only friend is your partner...all others are associates who have to be kept at a proper arms length.

Fidelity means you are true in heart to ONE person
CORRECTION - "soon as FAITHLESSNESS and belief in your partner ceases ...that is when illicit sex follows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships