Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 04:54 PM

344 posts, read 431,261 times

Advertisements

I have a friend, shes been friends with me for 4 years.. And she has had feelings for me all that time.. (She told me) I was the only one that knew. Anyway after I got a gf she had left me alone.. but at the same time she decided to settle for a guy because I was no longer available. They been together for 2 years.. and are still together. After I broke up with my gf a while later she started to talk to me again.. I saw her as a friend, I do like her but I know she is taken. We talked everyday and she called me all the time, couple times a day and it was all great and fun! She was very warm with me and kinda sexual.. anyway this was going on for 8 months... than I found out she got engaged and she had never told me (It was 2 days old news) she did not want to tell me because she did not want me to stop talking to her. I found out and got upset because she lied to my face. And I said in a nice way that she can not be hitting on me if she is going to marry the guy and we can not keep going out to places.. I left. A week passed and my friend tells me she wants to speak with me.

I go to see her and we talk, she tells me she is gonna give back the ring and stop engagement because she does not want to lose me in her life and she says im very important to her. She says she has feelings for me and also has for him, but she says she feels very unsure about him ever since I came back into the picture. So I decided to be nice and remain her friend, its no problem for me, I can put my feelings aside and go after other people and enjoy my life. Anyway so after that day she became very cold to me.. she stopped texting as much and was not as warm and open anymore.. I called it out many times that she was being different and she denies it. At one time I even said I do not like the way she is acting anymore and said that maybe I should give her space, she freaked out and said no you can't please don't leave my life I really want you in it. So I said alright and just go back to my life.

2 days ago I found out she was still engaged, I found out from one of her family members.. I called her up and said you cannot keep going out with me to places and be engaged and you lied to my face again.. (She never lies as long as I known her, this girl does not have a mean bone her body, even her friends say this and HER EX BFS... she has a pretty good track record, she is just doing this with me some reason) she cried and apologised and said sorry that she could not bring herself to say it and she did not want to hurt his feelings. I told her that was fine but I would need to distance myself from her. She begged and decided to call her bf and call off the engagement right in front of me.. Her bf does not know anything what she is doing, usually she is so honest with them, first time she does this.. because it involves me. So now she is no longer engaged as I saw it happen. However I asked her and said why are you still with him.. if you did this why stay with him, she claims she is confused how she feels but she does say I make her happy and she would not be able to imagine a life without me in it. However she still acts cold by texts with me (but not in person). I decided hey might as well try something no skin off my back (I tried kissing her to see what would happen) she said no in a polite way and said Im sorry I cant I have a boyfriend I wont cheat on him, Im not like that. However she said she would of kissed me or else.

I asked her why she was being cold with me and she told me that she thinks I was the one that told her friends that she liked me and was probably talking with me all the time and hitting on me while she has a boyfriend and that she feels she can not trust me anymore. I just shrugged and said if thats what you think than think that I can not stop you, however I know that I did not do that. She told me I am important to her and I make her happy.. But she is just confusing sometimes. Any ideas what can be done here... I still treat her like a friend but she is still kinda cold with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 05:02 PM

1,261 posts, read 973,014 times
Either make her your girl or cut her out completely.

I think you love the fact shes so twisted over you, strokes your ego doesn't it?

Old 04-18-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Either make her your girl or cut her out completely.

I think you love the fact shes so twisted over you, strokes your ego doesn't it?
Im not gonna go steal someone girl bro thats just low and wrong.. I mean I do see her as my friend, we always been friends. Im just surprised the boyfriend is staying with her, like he even knows she has feelings for me.. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.. but that is between them man. She needs or he needs to end things.. Cannot be me.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:12 PM

866 posts, read 631,043 times
Cool self respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
But she is just confusing sometimes. Any ideas what can be done here... I still treat her like a friend but she is still kinda cold with me.
I wouldn't want such a friend now that my self respect is more solid.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
I wouldn't want such a friend now that my self respect is more solid.
?

Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Ewwww.... That girl is messed up!!!

I was reading the love story where the girl stops just before the wedding to reveal their true feelings for somebody different.

When she breaks off the engagement the other guy walks up to kiss her and....

*record scratches*

She tells him no. Says it would be cheating. Wait what??!!

Old 04-19-2017, 06:56 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,928,978 times
Dude- you are screwing up her life. She will never move on. It will keep going on like this the next time you get a girl. Cut her off. She's not a good friend.

This really goes back to my argument why guys and girls can't be close friends.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Dude- you are screwing up her life. She will never move on. It will keep going on like this the next time you get a girl. Cut her off. She's not a good friend.

This really goes back to my argument why guys and girls can't be close friends.
My husband had a female friend when we were dating who secretly wanted to date him as well. This was back in 2011. She never told him this, but my gut instincts told me exactly what she wanted.

The 2 of them lived at the same apartment complex at that time.

She was pissed when we became engaged in 2012 as well as after we got married in 2013.

She did not like it when I requested that the 2 of them hang out in groups instead of alone once we got engaged. I told him that the only way I could stay engaged to him is when he did this due to her behavior.

She moved out of the apartment complex in 2015.

Last year she admitted to him via a Facebook messenger call that she wanted to date him while we were a couple.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 PM

I just dont get why she COMPLETELY changed when her friends found out. She treats me so coldly now.. but still wants me in her life and says I mean a lot to her and that she has feelings for me. She does not make any sense. I mean hell she called an engagement off for me. I do like her.. but I want her to end things than.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:40 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,398 times
Both of you need to stop playing games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships