Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,672,043 times

Advertisements

If she's "insane", then dump her then. You're not compatible. Go find someone who's perfectly fine with this (and who does it too!) and she can find someone who is more like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo18 View Post
LOL - Actually, I probably missed the group wisdom when it comes to this topic.

I'm all about context. If I were having private conversations with someone on a daily basis, I know that may not be appropriate.

But comments passed around among regulars on a board like this? I think she's insane. This isn't that much different than a group meeting up for coffee.

Who's the crazy one?
Now come on

Why are you asking us when you already know the answer to your question?

If you stay with such a person then she won't be the only "crazy" one.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 PM

943 posts, read 1,005,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
As soon as I read the title I knew this would be this posters first post.
Well that was really helpful.
Huzzah.

Poor guy is probably locked in his bathroom with this laptop asking for help.

Why do I keep posting on the relationship forum when I'm single, I guess I've made enough bad decisions of my own to know a little...when I see someone going through something I recognize, I want to say something to help.
So here goes, you should probably have a serious discussion about how this obscure jealousy is going to totally destroy the relationship.
I think you aren't wrong for having a life, having people you communicate with, for socializing.
It sounds like shes got issues to work out.
I once burned all my bridges to appease my ex, but it wasn't my bridges that were the issue, it was his jealousy, and it didn't stop with me discontinuing my friendships for his issues, it went on and on for years. It was about him controlling his jealousy. Which really didn't have anything to do with me. Except I lost a lot of good friends.
I would seriously NOT recommend that.
Consider that point before you bow to her jealousy.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM

837 posts, read 961,941 times
Have you tried insisting that she come along to one of the gatherings, knowing that the other woman's husband will be there as well?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,487,785 times
Choose!

Either choice you make will be the correct one!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,003,959 times
I think she needs counseling.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
I steer clear of jealousy. Major deal-breaker.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 PM

31 posts, read 61,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Have you tried insisting that she come along to one of the gatherings, knowing that the other woman's husband will be there as well?
I asked both times it has happened and she did not want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I steer clear of jealousy. Major deal-breaker.
I think the answer to that is that it depends. Sometimes people are jealous until they completely settle into a relationship. After that, they are okay. If you cut them loose before they've had a chance to settle in, you might be cutting someone loose prematurely who might be otherwise a great person.

I agree, however, that long-term jealousy is NOT a good place to be.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
I agree - or maybe even just the woman with out her husband. Maybe once she sees what type of relationship you have with her - she won't be so jealous. My father was a very social person - but he had a severe, progressive hearing loss that affected his ability to be social in person after awhile. He loved going on forums and talking to other people. A lot of them were single or divorced - but my mom trusted him because she knew he had no interest in them beyond being friends. I think they both met some of his friends from the forum in person. And this was years ago - at least 10 years ago or so - when forums and such were not as popular and known about as they are now. So - yes, it is possible for a woman to not be jealous in this type of situation. But everyone is different. If you love her and want to make things work - I suggest sitting down with her and having an honest discussion about what place she has in your life and what place the forums and your friends from there have in your life. However, it could be that she just has some trust issues and may not be the right person for you.

Now, if my husband suddenly started meeting up with women from a forum, I would find it really strange. He's not a social person and has no interest in any forum that isn't about Alabama football!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 AM

774 posts, read 1,695,025 times
Don't hide anything from her. Let her see all of your interactions with this person, and everyone else if possible. She will soon get bored, else she is indeed insane as you say. Speaking of, why do you have a gf whom you consider insane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships