Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:08 PM

11 posts, read 17,298 times

Advertisements

Not really, but hope it catches your attention.

I'm 40, she's just turned 18. We both love each other.

She's not here in US, but from my native country Philippines, so we just chat on internet. Ever since I migrated into US, I've not had any luck getting a girl. I dated 2x (1 American, 1 Asian) in 5 years but that's about it. In my vacation last year to Philippines, that's when I met her. She said she's in her 20s at the time and I said I'm close to 40. I tried to charm her. We continued communication while I'm back in US and she started to fall in love with me. Now we're both crazy with one another.

I'm concerned about how my colleagues at work will react if they learned my girlfriend is 18. My buddy at work is already teasing me as cradle snatcher. I have opened up this discussion to my GF so she knows what to expect but she is really being mature about it.

Any tips how to handle this situation? Any pitfalls? I've never had a GF 22 years younger than me and never dreamt someone will fall for me. I'm trying my darndest best to keep mum about it at work especially with the female colleagues as I'm afraid they will judge me negatively. I wish they knew I was just looking for a GF and not necessarily a teenager GF, and that I'm always sincere when I charm a girl.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleyuppie View Post

Any tips how to handle this situation?

Prenups - a contract that can save you lots of time & money - YouTube

Old 07-27-2013, 08:28 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
I think you have to swallow it and take the punches (jabs). If you two are serious it will fade with time but no one is going let you get away without saying something. Just think its worth it have her on her arm and to hell with everyone else, even while they laugh at you. It's called thick skin. Good luck

Old 07-27-2013, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the concern. I myself need money I don't think this is the case at all for her. I think she's genuine else I won't fall in love with her. My expense so far for her ? Zero. She's not asked for gifts; all she asks for, as with all true genuine GFs, are my time, pictures and love.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
There is too much gap.

Does she know what a typewriter is? 8 track?

Culture Club?

Seriously, too young.

Move on,

It's not love.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I think you have to swallow it and take the punches (jabs). If you two are serious it will fade with time but no one is going let you get away without saying something. Just think its worth it have her on her arm and to hell with everyone else, even while they laugh at you. It's called thick skin. Good luck
Thanks. I really do get along with my colleagues at work but now I'm concerned. I occasionally get invited in their houses where everyone brings in their spouses or SO and now, I'm not sure if I go with her or just not go at all. I don't want to lie if they start asking me who's calling me on my phone or how old is my GF. I'm in unfamiliar territory. I'm also concerned that I may get outcasted at work and lead to my termination. I'm also concerned how will she get affected by this. I can play the thick skin part but not sure if she can handle it, even though so far she's mature about this thing.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There is too much gap.

Does she know what a typewriter is? 8 track?

Culture Club?

Seriously, too young.

Move on,

It's not love.
Things can be learned. Plus, if your definition of love is knowing what a typewriter is, then that's wrong IMHO.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
You mean "I'm 93, you're 16. Can't you see I'm goin' blind?"

Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleyuppie View Post
Thanks. I really do get along with my colleagues at work but now I'm concerned. I occasionally get invited in their houses where everyone brings in their spouses or SO and now, I'm not sure if I go with her or just not go at all. I don't want to lie if they start asking me who's calling me on my phone or how old is my GF. I'm in unfamiliar territory. I'm also concerned that I may get outcasted at work and lead to my termination. I'm also concerned how will she get affected by this. I can play the thick skin part but not sure if she can handle it, even though so far she's mature about this thing.
She's legal so they can't do anything, and if they did fire you, you can probably sue the pants off of them. This is what you get dating some 22 years younger then you. Judgement, it's what people do instead of minding their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.