Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM

896 posts, read 1,178,854 times

Advertisements

If I could go back in time I would focus far more of love. Well not just love, I did that already. I mean I would focus on all things I now understand that go into a relationship. I would also look at marriage far differently than I did the first time around.

Maybe I say this because my career looks great on paper and I make good money. I do know it does not count for much for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM

52,349 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Nope...no regrets at all. I'd do it the same way if I had a "do-over".

I went to school and got my degree, got married, had our family and stayed home until they were all in school full-time. Now I'm back at work and the process of getting back into the workforce after a 13yr hiatus was easy-peasy for me.
You're smart... I had no doubts is was easy-peasy for you.......

Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,253,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You remind me of another poster MsAnnthrope.......

She had the same man hating issues....
Excuse me?

Where did I say I "hate" men?

I said I didn't want to live with one and I find them generally speaking quite boring company, but I certainly do not "hate" them.

I feel about men as I feel about horses...yes all very nice in the paddock but I don't want to ride it or feed it thanks.

Kind of...neutral...not "hating" so stop inventing trouble or borrowing offence.

I also find a lot of women as tedious as hell by the way, but as I'm straight and this is the "relationships" forum, it stands to reason I would only offer my opinion on the company of the opposite sex to myself.

Also, keep on topic.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,094,497 times
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're smart... I had no doubts is was easy-peasy for you.......
Awww thanks! I think it's more that I love what I do and it's not a huge effort or "work"

Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 PM

362 posts, read 560,760 times
No regrets here. As a woman who 20 years ago chose love over her career, I ended up with the greatest love of my life, my daughter.

When I no longer had either marriage or career, I focused the past 18 years on raising her. The way I see it, it is how my life was meant to be, the choices I made gave me experience and memories that I never would have had. My career would never have done anything in comparison.

Live your life forward, don't look back because that just causes bitterness, and who needs that?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:46 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,672,261 times
I'd say career. I regret that while with my ex and attending school, I was offered and declined a VA scholarship that would have paid 100% of my tuition plus given me a monthly living stipend, in exchange for signing a contract to work for them for 2 years after I graduated. I turned it down because I was afraid they might make me work at a hospital far from my bf (we lived together). So instead I ended up with student loans it took me more than 10 years to pay off, and the relationship ended anyway.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,908 times
wow some of the lamest threads are still on fire and this ones already dead lol. Thanks to those who contributed though enjoyed reading your comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships