Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 PM

102,276 posts, read 108,342,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
The rate of official divorces is somewhere around 50%. If you are to add in the number of husbands and wives who basically living separately even though they're not officially divorced, I'd say it's closer to 75%.
Oh, that makes a lot of sense! Mr. Authority says 75% of married couples are actually separated or divorced? Let's all make up statistics now. It's only an internet forum.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 PM

213 posts, read 505,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, that makes a lot of sense! Mr. Authority says 75% of married couples are actually separated or divorced? Let's all make up statistics now. It's only an internet forum.
They don't have to be physically separated to be "separated" as I defining it in my mind. Lots of loveless marriages that are basically divorce situations even if they're staying together for the kids.

Did you know that a few years ago there was a poll where 80% of women said that if they could go back in time, they would not marry their current husband?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM

13,689 posts, read 9,779,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
So imagine you have $2mil in your bank account and you have a job where you make $250K a year. Explain how that betters your odds of getting dates.
It doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
having large amounts of discretionary spending cash means you can pay for lots of nice toys, entertaining events (pro sports, concerts/festivals, etc), out-of-town trips, her shopping habits, her "I can't make rent" moments, etc.
That's if you flaunt your cash. If you save the majority of your salary and watch the millions compound, there won't exactly be a plethora of toys. After all, from where did those millions originally come? It's not from lavish spending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
You are attractive because you can provide her the financial security and a stressless entertaining lifestyle as long as she's involved with you.
True, but this only matters once at least initial foray into the relationship has been formed. It is useless in making a first-impression or securing the first pangs of attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Money in and of itself is meaningless. It's what you purchase with it that counts.
Precisely! The fellow who drives a Lamborghini with a 7-year loan will look "impressive". The fellow who owns the Lamborghini dealership but drives a 10-year-old Hyundai will look like a chump. But who wields more power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Money wills you you the ability to place yourself in more social, interactive situations more often.
Not if you live in dilapidated working-class town without a true upper class. And those who are moderately wealthy are almost universally already married.

Quote:
The OP's point is: how would anyone know you have the money in the first place? How would a woman be able to pick out a guy in a crowd or a bar or anywhere, as the one who has a big bank account?
Thank you, madam, for making what's the 2nd wisest and most illustrative observation of this thread!

Quote:
Many millionaires lead very modest lives. A million isn't what it used to be. These days you have to be a multi-millionaire in order to have money to play around with. If you haven't heard of millionaires complaining about not being able to get women, it's because you don't know any millionaires.
And this is the #1 wisest observation of this thread!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,387,768 times
Quote:
If you didn't know, Ruth, 78% of internet statistics are entirely made up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 PM

44 posts, read 53,450 times
Ha it will not get you women at all. I will tell you this, I am no super model guy, or have 2 mill, but I work out 6 days a weeks, and I am a true nice guy. I tell you what it sure pays off in the ladies department. I am not talking about sleeping with ladies cause I think that is wrong to do if you not in a good relationship. Trust me I have turned down a few, yes I wanted to but I was not raised that way.

PSSS good ole chivalry, and being a nice guy that takes care of him self goes the distance.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:52 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,877,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUncle View Post
Ha it will not get you women at all. I will tell you this, I am no super model guy, or have 2 mill, but I work out 6 days a weeks, and I am a true nice guy. I tell you what it sure pays off in the ladies department. I am not talking about sleeping with ladies cause I think that is wrong to do if you not in a good relationship. Trust me I have turned down a few, yes I wanted to but I was not raised that way.

PSSS good ole chivalry, and being a nice guy that takes care of him self goes the distance.
You sound like a gentleman..... that apparently to the younger set means you're a chump.....

I'm rather shocked at how little being a gentleman is valued..........

Old 08-02-2013, 10:00 PM

491 posts, read 571,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You sound like a gentleman..... that apparently to the younger set means you're a chump.....

I'm rather shocked at how little being a gentleman is valued..........
Me too. Especially by attractive women.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,630,554 times
Money can make an ugly man look like the best thing since sliced bread. Just look at Jay-z & Little Wayne.

Two of the ugliest dudes alive....but both can pull just about any woman they want.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,630,206 times
Meet a gold digger..Take her on a vacation..Come home, meet all her gold digging friends who are making it obvious that you could have them. Bang thru all of them.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,015,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
I've never heard of a millionaire complaining about not getting women.
Clearly you don't hang out with guys in the computer industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships