Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 01:01 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,751,866 times

Advertisements

although i am definitely not perceived as boring once there is chemistry with another person(and those who know me tell me I am not boring tho yes they say it is definitely possible that those who don't know me well will perceive it that way), in the average social and work situation I am most likely perceived as boring because many don't know me. it bothers me in one way tho in another it doesn't because there are those who don't see it that way

when it comes to personal change, where does one draw the line? change to avoid the boring label by others, or change to feel better about myself?

much of my perception by others that i am boring at work is because due to my past bad experiences (which i don't have any more of since i am so adept at spotting con artists and sociopaths) i don't trust others and won't even go to any office parties or get into any conversations with those i feel are going to "lead a blind horse down a blind path"(that blind horse being me)

unfortunately i also carry this view into my life outside of work too

but anyway where do you draw the line? in a way i don't really care that much but the idea that others consider me boring still stings. i don't know why i care since those people don't know me well

no matter how much i tell myself not to care it still stings

this could be a symptom of some OCD tendencies or could it be a wake up call that i need to change for others??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,992,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
although i am definitely not perceived as boring once there is chemistry with another person(and those who know me tell me I am not boring tho yes they say it is definitely possible that those who don't know me well will perceive it that way), in the average social and work situation I am most likely perceived as boring because many don't know me. it bothers me in one way tho in another it doesn't because there are those who don't see it that way

when it comes to personal change, where does one draw the line? change to avoid the boring label by others, or change to feel better about myself?

much of my perception by others that i am boring at work is because due to my past bad experiences (which i don't have any more of since i am so adept at spotting con artists and sociopaths) i don't trust others and won't even go to any office parties or get into any conversations with those i feel are going to "lead a blind horse down a blind path"(that blind horse being me)

unfortunately i also carry this view into my life outside of work too

but anyway where do you draw the line? in a way i don't really care that much but the idea that others consider me boring still stings. i don't know why i care since those people don't know me well

no matter how much i tell myself not to care it still stings

this could be a symptom of some OCD tendencies or could it be a wake up call that i need to change for others??
Try to be out going.

Say hi, smile. Get to know names and things about the person behind the name.

Peaches-stripper

Old 08-03-2013, 01:13 PM

I like that

Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I like that
I just quit my second job and so many people were sad.

There were over 30 businesses in the complex that I did maintenance for. My last day people were hugging me and very sad. People gave me gifts and I got pictures with many people.

I made it a goal to greet people as if they were my best friend when I saw them. I introduced myself and made sure I remembered their name. When I saw them again I would say, "Hey! How's John today?" If they had time to talk, I listened. I then remembered everything they told me.

"Hey John! How was your trip?"

These suggestions may help.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:24 PM

i am blessed with a great memory. but not with the part about "how's John today?". that needs work...

Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
i am blessed with a great memory. but not with the part about "how's John today?". that needs work...
You shy??

Maybe stick with women then if you are a lady.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:56 PM

355 posts, read 389,844 times
always do everything with the mentality that it is of vital importance that everyone you're on speaking terms with know what you have to say.

also, make sure everything you have to say is either funny or interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships