Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times

Advertisements

I asked someone if they wanted to go out to dinner next week (now this week) by text. they said yes, ill check my calendar. so 3 days go by and they responded around 12:15 am, how about thurs?

Plans are all set, but I found it odd that she texted me after midnight, since I have only met her once.

ha! she just texted me now, 20min before midnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 12:45 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I asked someone if they wanted to go out to dinner next week (now this week) by text. they said yes, ill check my calendar. so 3 days go by and they responded around 12:15 am, how about thurs?

Plans are all set, but I found it odd that she texted me after midnight, since I have only met her once.

I don't understand. People keep different hours these days. I am awake until 3-4 am most nights because I have clients in Europe that I like to talk to first thing in their morning. I wake up around noon or 1 and start my day. I am likely to text or email at any time of day or night.

What exactly is your concern?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:12 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,847 times
some ppl text 24/7, others are sensitive about when receiving it. the only thing i worry about is text connections that fizzle, i.e., no response in 1-2 days, then i begin to wonder "?". on several occasions recently, i've awakened to 2-3 texts that came in while i was sleeping. no biggie. but i do think it's more acceptable for a women or good friend to do it, than for any guy to text late (women tend to assume it's a booty call or drunk texting, even if a "?")

anyway, you are reading too much into this. suggest just accept it as a text reality and ask to close the thread.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 AM

816 posts, read 1,947,069 times
People who don't text for like 1-2 days are very inconsiderate. All it takes is 20 seconds to type and then send if they're busy.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
She didn't want to talk. Also many stay up late.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
People who don't text for like 1-2 days are very inconsiderate. All it takes is 20 seconds to type and then send if they're busy.
yeah, but for some reason i deal can deal with it from other guys, like "hey dude, did you get my text" and also get some answer back. but with some women, still no reply.

i think some women, especially the good looking ones, just treat guys as optional entertainment on text. i've been getting better at keeping the vibe and conversation going, and practice definitely help. but i still get broken links for some unknown reason, even after the work of moving our conversation from the dating site to text, goes weak after that.

i asked a friend of mine if i should follow up after a couple of days, and she said it's a dead end. what do you think?

i think i'm gonna delete these from my contact list and if she sends me a "hey how are you?" text, i'll go through the "who is this??" routine and say "oh, hey, long time no see. sorry i must have deleted your from my contact list. i like to keep it tight with ppl i who return my texts, much easier to tell friends from those just passing through. whats up? how can i help you?" lol (neg)

Old 10-15-2013, 10:56 AM

816 posts, read 1,947,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
yeah, but for some reason i deal can deal with it from other guys, like "hey dude, did you get my text" and also get some answer back. but with some women, still no reply.
Yeah, but I find that most guys are much better texters than girls are, it's odd because you would think girls love to talk therefore text. Even my best friends who are girls are the worst texters so it's safe to say that they know I'm not after them, it doesn't make sense.

Quote:
i think some women, especially the good looking ones, just treat guys as optional entertainment on text. i've been getting better at keeping the vibe and conversation going, and practice definitely help. but i still get broken links for some unknown reason, even after the work of moving our conversation from the dating site to text, goes weak after that.
I find the good looking girls the worst of all, including my best friends who are constantly getting hit on by guys. I think these type of people want to play games and just use rest of the people, like for the entertainment. They want to play hard to get, if they do then they won't hear from me again. Most guys would keep doing it then become annoying/creeper.

Quote:
i asked a friend of mine if i should follow up after a couple of days, and she said it's a dead end. what do you think?
I wouldn't say 'dead end', I would say just follow up one more time and if she doesn't text you first the next time. It's over (Say after 3 or 4 times that you've sent a text to her).

Quote:
i think i'm gonna delete these from my contact list and if she sends me a "hey how are you?" text, i'll go through the "who is this??" routine and say "oh, yeah, sorry i keep my contact list tight with ppl i who return my texts, much easier to tell who is passing through from friends. whats up? how can i help you?" lol (neg)
Deleting someone from the contact list makes it worse. It can cause drama because you never know one of those girls are interested in you again in the future.

I'm texting a really beautiful girl right now after two weeks. I texted first usually, but she will text first whenever something comes up. I know she is interested in me anyway, she is just as bad as my best friends are so I'm used to it. If I wasn't sure that she was interested, I'd probably wouldn't be dating her or text her again until she text to keep up. We barely have conversations through texts, more of 'important' ones. I really like that a lot and I'm getting used to it because I want her to know me much more in person than through text. I can be boring through texts because I don't know what to say, everybody loves me in person. It's like I'm two person and I can't help it. I have to thank her for that because I know she will like me a lot in person seeing that I'm very good at communicating (asking questions, showing care), and energetic. I don't know how many girls I've lost through texts because I over-analyze like, "Why didn't she text me again?" blah blah. Then sometimes I hear through her friends why I didn't text them. There are so much misunderstanding through texts.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I don't know how many girls I've lost through texts because I over-analyze like, "Why didn't she text me again?" blah blah. Then sometimes I hear through her friends why I didn't text them. There are so much misunderstanding through texts.
yeah, same here, but have confirmed that if you do build an emotional rapport with them, they will return your text, usually. it's like then get to push the feel good button when they text you back. but delicate balance because you don't want to end up being the court jester. anyway, your tips have always been helpful, and i will keep you posted.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post

You find it odd she texted you late,

I find it odd you texted for a date.

Will you find it odd she texted you at dinner,

If you find it cool then you are a real -good date-?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships