Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,199,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
So it's "shameful" for a man to tell his wife he's unhappy with something?
Shame schmame. I will never get the blame thing. If there is a problem that is one's power to fix, how is that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
It can be, yes, but it doesn't need to be.

Let's look closer at what OP said:

He didn't say, "tell her." He said, "have a heart to heart." Which suggests to me that he got emotional about it.

He didn't say, "he's unhappy with something." He said, "exactly what's bothering me." As if there is no filter.
So, wait...he's supposed to emotionlessly state his point, and hem and haw about it?

Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
So, wait...he's supposed to emotionlessly state his point
he's supposed to maintain control over his emotions, yes, if he wants to be respected by his wife.

based on what i can glean from this thread, that's not his strong suit.

Lilac's previous post explains in more explicit detail what I am talking about when I say he ought to control his emotions.

Quote:
, and hem and haw about it?
absolutely not. I don't know where you got that, because I'm saying the opposite. He likely DID hem and haw about it, and without a coherent point, and that is one of several problems.

If you're going to have a "heart to heart", you need a coherent point. The fact that he had to have 10 separate talks with her suggests to me that he sucks immensely at this aspect of life.

Last edited by le roi; 08-15-2013 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 PM

88,626 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
One thing I noticed is that she likes to "talk the talk" when it comes to sex. For example, if I'm on a business trip for a few days, she'll sometimes tell me how horny she feels. But when I get back .. its no different from other times. Only once maybe 3 months ago she pounced on me when I got home. Thats a rare event.

She sometimes alludes to her sexuality as though she has high libido .. but its not true. It looks like she wants to portray to me and to herself that shes very sexual because she thinks she should rather than because does.
That's what I was pointing toward some pages back. She doesn't want sex, but she doesn't want to admit she isn't (or is no longer) feeling sexual. Why is what we don't know.

But...maybe it's too late for why.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM

93 posts, read 146,825 times
Quote:
It can be, yes, but it doesn't need to be.

Let's look closer at what OP said:

1. He didn't say, "tell her." His wording is not so innocuous. He said, "have a heart to heart." Which suggests to me that he was emotionally awkward about it.

2. He didn't say the topic was, "he's unhappy with something." He said, "exactly what's bothering me." The word 'exactly' suggests to me that he speaks to her as if he has no filter on what he says.

And lastly, let's put this all into context of the OP's temper tantrum that he brought to this forum, suggesting that he's not aware of what constitutes shameful behavior.
Because he calls it a heart to heart you can magically discern the way he presented ths talk? Hahah! Sorry, but you're a caricature.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Because he calls it a heart to heart you can magically discern the way he presented ths talk
it's not magic, it's called context

by the way, you seem really butthurt about this.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM

93 posts, read 146,825 times
Quote:
it's not magic, it's called context

by the way, you seem really butthurt about this.
Butthurt? You need to write comedy, son.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:52 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,201,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's what I was pointing toward some pages back. She doesn't want sex, but she doesn't want to admit she isn't (or is no longer) feeling sexual. Why is what we don't know.

But...maybe it's too late for why.
She may not be feeling sexual for him......., the rest is anyone else's guess.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,503,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Ruth, I've never heard of any counseling that can convince wives to want more sex with their husbands.

If she doesn't like sex or just doesn't like sex with him after all this time, my guess is that nothing will change her mind.
Eh, it's possible this is a dead horse and there's no good in kicking it, but I don't think that can be said for certain until they try. Lots of things could be going on:

1. She could be angry with him or have some stress going on that is dampening her desire to be intimate with him. OP doesn't think that's the case. Maybe it's not. But if that is the case and they both made behavioral changes in therapy, maybe things heat back up.

2. She could be having hormonal issues. Perhaps a trip to the doctor gets her back on track.

3. Her sex drive may have naturally decreased with age, and they have too much other "stuff" going on in their lives for it to feel like something that needs attention. I know how that sounds to a guy who's panting like a dog wanting it, but if she spends 16 hours a day caring for kids, looking after the house, driving them to sports and choir and cheerleading, cooking meals, doing laundry... and then her sex drive isn't particularly high... it can become just another chore. So it's possible that taking some of that off her plate, getting a maid service once a week, giving her more time for her, may make her feel more turned on.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:06 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
Eh, it's possible this is a dead horse and there's no good in kicking it, but I don't think that can be said for certain until they try. Lots of things could be going on:

1. She could be angry with him or have some stress going on that is dampening her desire to be intimate with him. OP doesn't think that's the case. Maybe it's not. But if that is the case and they both made behavioral changes in therapy, maybe things heat back up.

2. She could be having hormonal issues. Perhaps a trip to the doctor gets her back on track.

3. Her sex drive may have naturally decreased with age, and they have too much other "stuff" going on in their lives for it to feel like something that needs attention. I know how that sounds to a guy who's panting like a dog wanting it, but if she spends 16 hours a day caring for kids, looking after the house, driving them to sports and choir and cheerleading, cooking meals, doing laundry... and then her sex drive isn't particularly high... it can become just another chore. So it's possible that taking some of that off her plate, getting a maid service once a week, giving her more time for her, may make her feel more turned on.
Isn't that what the trip to Hawaii was about?

Not to mention, she leads him on, then pulls away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships