Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 4,950 times

Advertisements

I was with my ex boyfriend for 3 years, we are both 21 years old and both at the same University. We broke up around 3 weeks ago because I found out that he had been cheating on me with another girl.

We didn't end well at all, it was a very bad break up. I decided yesterday that I was going to go out with my friends and have some fun and seeing as Uni has only recently started back up I was hoping to meet some new people.

I ended up in a club and he happens to be in there with the girl he cheated on me with.

I'm not normally a violent person, I try very hard not to be but I was and am still heartbroken over what he did to me. I ended up throwing my drink at the girl he was with, it wasn't just the drink, it was the glass I was drinking out of too. This obviously angered him and he came over to me screaming at me, calling me pathetic, saying that it's no wonder he cheated on me when I'm a complete weirdo etc etc, he kept saying to me ''Look at the state of you'' and I remember when he was saying that it seemed to really hit a nerve and that's when I went a little psycho and I ended up headbutting him, like a full on headbutt right in the nose, it gave him a nosebleed.

I then got dragged out by a bouncer and I just remember screaming at him that I was going to smash his house up and make his life hell and that if I ever see her again I will rip her hair out, as I was being dragged out. I was very drunk......

In the cold light of day I honestly feel very ashamed of the way I acted towards him and this girl, like he did cheat on me and he did break my heart but there's no reason for me to be such a psycho.

I don't know what to do, I haven't left my bed all day, I haven't got dressed, I feel embarrassed, I feel AWFUL about it all

Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
You're lucky you aren't in jail. Stop drinking. Get help.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM

836 posts, read 1,032,446 times
You could apologize, but honestly I would just give it some time and let it blow over. He will likely need time to calm down. I can see how you would be really frustrated and when you are drinking, your emotions can sometimes get the best of you.

Just give it a few days. School is back in session so focus on your schoolwork, GPA, maybe an internship? Start focusing on your future and moving on from him. There are PLENTY of men in college that I'm sure you can choose from.

No need to be ashamed and stay in all day. I think just about everyone has an embarrassing drunk story. This may end up being something you laugh about later in life.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
I think the only thing you can do is move on with your life. Whatever you do, don't contact him. Trust me, he doesn't want to hear from you. Maybe sometime down the road you can offer him an apology for your actions. I don't think now is the time, as the wounds are still raw and healing.

You totally ****ed up, but at least you have the presence of mind to acknowledge it. While you're coping, do some good deeds for others. It should help you to feel better about yourself. We all do silly things in our lives, particularly when we're drunk. Make it a life goal not to do something like this again.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
You could apologize, but honestly I would just give it some time and let it blow over. He will likely need time to calm down. I can see how you would be really frustrated and when you are drinking, your emotions can sometimes get the best of you.

Just give it a few days. School is back in session so focus on your schoolwork, GPA, maybe an internship? Start focusing on your future and moving on from him. There are PLENTY of men in college that I'm sure you can choose from.

No need to be ashamed and stay in all day. I think just about everyone has an embarrassing drunk story. This may end up being something you laugh about later in life.
I think this goes beyond "embarrassing drunk story." She threw a glass at another girl and head butted her ex.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
I don't have a problem with what you did at all.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Oh man.....

I think this goes deeper than the "pain of being betrayed" I'm pretty sure I would've been angry too, but drink throwing and head butting....I think you should go see a therapist and quit drinking. You could've been put in jail.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM

671 posts, read 891,102 times
Because your young and ignorant...Not meant as an insult but I'm sure you consider yourself as a grown up. Your not...
When your 30 you will look back and see it.. When your 40 you'll see how silly you were at 30 years walking and that process will continue until your dead...Live and learn is the only sound advice I know because life with all the right actions always brings with it wrong ones..The difference between a fool and someone who makes mistakes is a fool never learns the lessons. One piece of advice,,,,,drink the drink,don't let the drink drink you....
PS. the sun rises starting a new day,get on with it.....

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Sober up and seek help!

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
You dated a guy from 18 to 21, and you are hurt. You need to seek counseling, thats my advice. Is he a jerk for cheating on you, yes. But your behavior does indicate more problems, and a probability of why he did leave you for another woman in the first place.

Drunk had nothing to do with it, you would have likely acted out if you had seen them in public, not drunken.

As I said, you need to talk with a professional, and learn to deal with your anger issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships