Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
If I was getting regular sex I would never walk away from a marriage, its the women who suddenly become "unhappy" and walk away and THEN take their husbands to the cleaners that I take issue with.
I agree if the two just respect each other a marriage should work but when they don't respect each other it doesn't work. She's not the one who wants out, he does. Of course he not getting sex but he doesn't want it from her, and he is very mean to her so she does want it from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 03:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
I think there is a post upthread where we learn that he is the one whodoes not want sex, because she is a size 10-12.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think there is a post upthread where we learn that he is the one whodoes not want sex, because she is a size 10-12.
I know he's not attracted to her. He's made many comments about her weight. She's not huge by any means and he's not really fit. he does not want to have sex with her. She didn't want it either until he told her he wanted a divorce them she was trying anything. I guess it's giving her some more time. Idk

Old 08-17-2013, 03:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What about the time from born to 13 year old? Those 13 years she was tending them, and the husband, and the household?
Yes, the kids NOW can go home alone, and stay by themselves - but they didn't when they were younger.
Also this all turned to be an attack against the woman, and we do not know her story.
All what we know is what her husband told OP. And he told her only that what he wanted to tell her...

What I read in this thread is about the poor husband, deprived of sex ATM machine.
What about the woman? Maybe she was a maid and a slave, cheated on, yelled on, and humiliated? Maybe HE is the sole reason why she don't want sex anymore.
Like I said - we only know one side of the story...
I said: "Not saying that she never pulled her "weight" at home when her/their kids were younger."

Stories really need both sides as I mentioned in another thread.

We can only read one side of it, so people are going to go by what they read at face value though as we know of a good possibility of not being 100% accurate.

Who knows what went on here as in like the 1,000's of future threads from a woman or man.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Sad story.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:36 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Sad story.
Yeah... true... at the end of the day it's a sad story....

Old 08-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Just goes to show marriage can be a great thing. It can also be awful and sad.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:41 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Just goes to show marriage can be a great thing. It can also be awful and sad.
For me the metric on a good marriage is as simple as this.... do I get happy thinking about going home to her????

It's that simple... in my mind

Old 08-17-2013, 04:52 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
He came right out and said the counseling would be a waste of $$ as my gf was trying to encourage them to go. It's crazy. The wife is thinking everything sliding back to normal. I just don't get it.
If she is willing to accept the fact that he will tell her she is too fat to have sex with, then that has become her 'normal'.

Lots of women subconsciously choose not to lose the weight because then there will be no buffer. The weight becomes the reason not to deal with the real reasons. If he won't go to counseling, she should go and get some self-esteem.

My ex was miserable and making us miserable but hell would freeze over before he would leave, because then he would have to admit to his parents that he failed. I think a lot of men stay because they don't want to admit that. I had to put his stuff out on the porch.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
I have a friend whose hubby told her it was because of her weight. She is average shape, not fat. It devastated her self esteem. A year later, it turned out he had been having an affair the whole time. She has had no trouble at all getting dates since the divorce. Men want her body! She now has a new steady guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships