Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

be the one who comes to you first?

I had this discussion with my friend last night and she said that the guy should always go to the woman first regardless if the woman replied to him from out of state. Why would I travel to meet someone first if they contacted me to ask if they are too far? If I say no then wouldn't that mean they would come to me first?

That's how It's always been when women contacted me from the places below

NYC
North jersey
Delaware
Maryland
DC

So what do you think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
I think you should give up.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,964 times
meet half way

Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 AM

93 posts, read 332,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
meet half way
Agreed. Halfway is the solution.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
meet half way

No I usually go to her the second time if the first time is successful.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:30 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
I always met half way, some place fun. Examples are guy who lived near D.C. and I met in Philly and spent the day walking South Street, guy who lived farther (Vermont) and I met in NYC for the day. I would never go to someone's home or have them come to mine as a stranger regardless, so it needs to be a meeting place where there are plenty of activities. I would also never have driven all the way to a strange man's city if it were hours away, nor would I want them to drive all the way to mine if it were hours (because I would feel obligated to spend the entire day with them even if I didn't like them). People who are closer but still somewhat far, say north Jersey or PA suburbs, I'd suggest we meet somewhere like Marlton, Mt Laurel (cause it's close to the Turnpike for those who live in north Jersey) and just have drinks or dinner.

In the end though I stopped being receptive to long distance anyway, it's a PITA IMO, and when I need a hug, I don't want to have to wait days or weeks to see the person.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I always met half way, some place fun. Examples are guy who lived near D.C. and I met in Philly and spent the day walking South Street, guy who lived farther (Vermont) and I met in NYC for the day. I would never go to someone's home or have them come to mine as a stranger regardless, so it needs to be a meeting place where there are plenty of activities. I would also never have driven all the way to a strange man's city if it were hours away, nor would I want them to drive all the way to mine if it were hours (because I would feel obligated to spend the entire day with them even if I didn't like them). People who are closer but still somewhat far, say north Jersey or PA suburbs, I'd suggest we meet somewhere like Marlton, Mt Laurel (cause it's close to the Turnpike for those who live in north Jersey) and just have drinks or dinner.

In the end though I stopped being receptive to long distance anyway, it's a PITA IMO, and when I need a hug, I don't want to have to wait days or weeks to see the person.

I am open to it if they are close enough when they can get here. But halfway is not a option for me because I don't drive. But I am planning to catch the train to Delaware in September because I did contact her first

Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
I think you should stop dating.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think you should stop dating.

Believe If I could i would

Old 08-17-2013, 12:26 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am open to it if they are close enough when they can get here. But halfway is not a option for me because I don't drive. But I am planning to catch the train to Delaware in September because I did contact her first
Difficult to date without adequate transportation. Maybe it's a easy coast thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships