Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Well you do special things for the ones you love. Some people just don't appreciate it. I'm very traditional, I was raised that way, I don't see it as a fault. IMO
I didn't say it wana fault I just said I don't want to be a grown mans mum or slave. My relationship will be equal

Old 08-19-2013, 05:22 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
I think about them all the time. Them naked while they vacuum.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
If my wife did that's I'd strip down and start dusting!

Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
Ok. Just to clarify a little, I would be walking away with a sum of money so I wouldn't consider myself a mooch. Second, I am the brains running the business, not my husband. Yeah, I would love to start a new business but have no ideas to move on. Fixing the marriage is not an option right now and I didn't ask for marriage advice.
I believe strongly in the traditional family roles and that is where my question came from.

Apparently, those "traditional family roles" don't believe in you.

Sadly, O.P, there's nothing about you that's remotely marketable in the men-department.

And can it really be possible that you have no ideas for a small business? Or are you waiting for "someone else" to take the reins? That's not being very spirit-led, I must say. The lord helps those who help themselves...and I don't mean help themselves to the next man's income.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I think the problem is it seems she wants to jump from one man to another IF there's a good chance she doesn't have to work. Either you want to leave your husband or you don't. If you don't want to leave your husband because there is a VERY good chance you will have to work then you are a mooch.

Sure there are some guys who want a housewife, but I think they are in the minority. If your kids are grown what will you do all day?

I've been a "housewife" for the past year, for a variety of reasons that my husband and I agreed upon. BUT I'm bored. All the projects we needed to accomplish are almost finished and keeping a house (at least our house) is not a full time job.

I'm going back to work this week albeit part time, and temporary if I wish.

I'm really curious what you do all day.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Everyone keeps calling the OP a "mooch".... if she is truly handling the household, that isn't being a mooch, at least not to me... I don't agree with her approach, but if a man wants that type of woman, a woman who just wants to stay home and take care of the house... that in of itself isn't bad, if both parties agree to it...

I just don't care for the OP's approach to it and she seems to think men are disposable... but that is best left for another thread.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
OP did not say she wanted to walk out of her marriage and into a new one.

She merely asked if today's man would be interested in a relationship with a woman who wanted to be a traditional housewife. I'm sure she is aware that finding someone to be in a relationship with might take some time.

I do remember the moment my ex started lecturing me about how my next husband would not be allowed to interfere with his custody of our children (As if???? I think he was delusional at that point). All I could think was "HOW COOL! I get to have a next husband!" I had been so busy dealing with the fractured bits of my marriage I hadn't given a thought until that moment of being single. It was a very very very awesome moment.

A bit of advice to OP. If you go through the process of self-evaluation and subsequent job hunting and then working even a part time job, you will learn a lot about yourself that will be important to your new journey as a single woman.

If you are lucky enough to find a second husband with similar traditional values to yours, you will not regret that working woman experience. If you aren't that lucky........

Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM

348 posts, read 498,472 times
Quote:
Hmmmm imagine what you can do with a vacuum cleaner..... All those tools, oh yeah this could fun. Who said housework is boring.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Only in heaven. Then when you walk in they start to pleasure you in the dirtiest ways possible. It would be so hot to have a wife who was naked the entire time she was home.

Im sure there is some guy out there somewhere that has this but its so rare that all most of us can hope for is that there is an after life and that we get to experience this at that time.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM

31,055 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Only in heaven. Then when you walk in they start to pleasure you in the dirtiest ways possible. It would be so hot to have a wife who was naked the entire time she was home.

Im sure there is some guy out there somewhere that has this but its so rare that all most of us can hope for is that there is an after life and that we get to experience this at that time.

I'm having images of Rosie Odonal vacuuming your house naked... I always get her and Ron Jeremy confused! Whats the saying about getting what you wish for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships