Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm you never know what can come of this. I say pursue it! What do you have to lose???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Hmmmm you never know what can come of this. I say pursue it! What do you have to lose???
That's the way I look it. The worst thing that can happen is that I get out of this town for a while check out some pretty good paintings done by artists in this region, chat with some new folks, maybe have a cup of coffee or a bite to eat somewhere and drive home. Sure, I'll feel disappointed if things don't work out with my "mountain man," but my goodness; it ain't my first time at the rodeo, I'll live.

But what's the use of living a life if you can't have a little fun sometimes imagining a romance. Even thinking about him, and then having the way to find him practically dropped into my lap at a Quick Stop I wouldn't have driven right om past if I hadn't glance down to see that I was low on gas. My painter might be thinking about me as I type these words. Why lose out on the chance, no matter how small, to find a true companion?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times
Why do I get the feeling that if the genders were reversed here, Colorado Rambler would be labeled creepy and stalker to the Nth degree.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Why do I get the feeling that if the genders were reversed here, Colorado Rambler would be labeled creepy and stalker to the Nth degree.
A bit bitter are we? If my painter just so happened to show up accidently on purpose at some place I was known to hang out, and we had a conversation that took off where I first one left off, I'd be delighted. A creep showoing up everywhere I go is a whole other story.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
A bit bitter are we? If my painter just so happened to show up accidently on purpose at some place I was known to hang out, and we had a conversation that took off where I first one left off, I'd be delighted. A creep showoing up everywhere I go is a whole other story.
Absolutely! I've been thinking this through this whole thread: women do tend to do the homework to try to find a guy they've had a positive first encounter with. They won't surveil his house, they'll arrange and accidental run-in around town, or nowadays, an email. Men rarely do this (except for Seinfeld, in the "Stake-out" episode). Men will hope to run into a woman they've taken a shine to in a random fashion, even though they've observed she hangs out at a certain coffee shop on a certain day, or have other ways of learning where she can be found. They don't seem to put their thinking caps on to follow up on obvious clues.

Women, on the other hand, will practically move heaven and earth to make sure they run into the guy again. It's always been that way, from what I've heard about how these things worked back in the 50's. Men have tended to be more passive in that regard, and women the pursuers, though in subtle fashion.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Did anyone mention posting on Craigslist missed encounters ? It's worth a shot. It's free.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Not by me. If a guy tracked me down using public information because he had admired me, I'd be fine with it. I'd think it was sweet and earnest and resourceful. If I turned him down and he persisted in contacting me or pursuing me, then he'd be a creepy stalker and I'd lay the pimp hand down, as it were.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Not by me. If a guy tracked me down using public information because he had admired me, I'd be fine with it. I'd think it was sweet and earnest and resourceful. If I turned him down and he persisted in contacting me or pursuing me, then he'd be a creepy stalker and I'd lay the pimp hand down, as it were.
I think most women would agree with this. Women don't understand why men don't put in this kind of effort, when they're obviously interested.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:08 AM

4 posts, read 13,852 times
So what happened?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:40 AM

14 posts, read 15,355 times
She hasn't posted anything since September 24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships