Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,844,437 times

Advertisements

Was having a discussion with another guy and he thought that a large majority of women who are against their bio clock will stop at little to get themselves pregnant with a guy who they have determined is "good enough".

Consider this situation - girl in her mid 30s, desperate to be a mom, hears her bio clock going through it's final ticks... meets a nice enough guy, goes on several dates with him and they become a couple, however they have not discussed the future at all.

There is a night where the man is a bit drunk while the girl is sober, he attempts to have unprotected sex with her (against his better judgement, after all he is intoxicated!) but will she STOP him??? Will the vast majority of women in this situation go along with the flow and hope they are impregnated or do you think they will stop him? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,469,647 times
I really don't think there are as many "desperate" women out there as you and your friends seem to believe there are.
Does any of this pertain to you or your friends?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,466,848 times
I probably would have stopped him. I wanted to be a parent in my 30's, but I've never wanted to be a single mother. Without knowing what he wanted, there would have been too big of a risk in the scenario you described.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,105,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Was having a discussion with another guy and he thought that a large majority of women who are against their bio clock will stop at little to get themselves pregnant with a guy who they have determined is "good enough".

Consider this situation - girl in her mid 30s, desperate to be a mom, hears her bio clock going through it's final ticks... meets a nice enough guy, goes on several dates with him and they become a couple, however they have not discussed the future at all.

There is a night where the man is a bit drunk while the girl is sober, he attempts to have unprotected sex with her (against his better judgement, after all he is intoxicated!) but will she STOP him??? Will the vast majority of women in this situation go along with the flow and hope they are impregnated or do you think they will stop him? What do you think?
some do, some don't.

It sucks for the guy and is immoral but I feel a little for the women (I know some of those who desperately want to become a mom but are single).

Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,431,419 times
I would hope she would, but when a woman's determined... there's nothing really stopping her, Lol

Old 06-17-2014, 03:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,925,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I probably would have stopped him. I wanted to be a parent in my 30's, but I've never wanted to be a single mother. Without knowing what he wanted, there would have been too big of a risk in the scenario you described.
I agree. At one point I considered being a mom but never a single mom. I don't get that logic at all. I never wanted to have a kid with a reluctant man.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,272,978 times
Another woman bashing thread disguised as "discussion".

Women are "desperate" to steal some unsuspecting sperm are they? Do they put on black masks and perform midnight extractions on the poor men who are helplessly lying there praying it's a dream?

A better topic would be "why is there no Pill for men" as I would like my son protected from these succubi that milk poor drunk men like they're cows.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM

102,380 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:

Didn't you just post a thread in a similar vein?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,758,095 times
Wishful thinking?

Quote:

Old 06-17-2014, 03:55 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,272,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Didn't you just post a thread in a similar vein?
No pun intended....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships