Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 04:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.alghul View Post
What would be the positive? That I will be a resident of the friendzone?

At 5'4", of course I have given up. Short guys are disgusting to desirable women. This is a fact, why should I delude myself into thinking otherwise. I do approach women, but you should see the look on their faces when I get near within ten feet of them, like a Gestapo conducting an inquiry.

Miserable life, yes, but I can focus on other things like art, reading, sports, working, etc. OP could do the same if he wants.
Bull****.

Is this one of those "I can't have a perfect 10 so I have decided that all the chicks I could date are ugly and/or fat" malfunction?

I think so.

Hey... You can't date a supermodel. That's more because you aren't a celebrity. Short celebrity males marry hotties.

You need to quit judging women so harshly. I get you not wanting a woman that is obese, but why not a woman who is active, has nice hair and a shapely figure? What about one that's tomboy skinny with beautiful eyes and cute freckles on her nose?

What about a short girl?

I swear, ya'll short dudes can be your own worst enemies.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
If you're anything like your internet persona in person then those women have multiple reasons to be disgusted by you. Being short is already an disadvantage, wallowing in self pity isn't going to help your case.
Truth.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:53 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,825 times
The problem is OP, you are basing women solely on their looks.

I never hear a short man saying "why can't I get a nice, pleasant, kind and friendly girl?"

No, it's always "why can't I get a supermodel?"

You expect to not be judged on your physical imperfection, yet judge women solely on that.

Do you see how inconsistent and hypocritical this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 04:53 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,189,971 times
Exactly. My late husband was 5'6" and had the charisma that totally blew me away. He had confidence and had no problem with me wearing 4 " heels. He was balding and maybe to some that would be a turn off but it didn't bother him at all. Women loved him. He was a great dancer and a wonderful person. He had his choice of women and he chose me with a little coaxing from me.

I am 5'4" weighted 115 lbs and while I am no Julia Roberts I was not bad looking either.

I know a lot of men from India that are your height and they marry all the time in pre-arranged marriages and some that are not pre-arranged.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

I never hear a short man saying "why can't I get a nice, pleasant, kind and friendly girl?"

You expect to not be judged on your physical imperfection, yet judge women solely on that.

I've been trying to call him out on his hypocrisy since he started posting in this thread...he honestly doesn't get it and feels he deserves some kind of supermodel who will overlook his physical flaws but he doesn't have to reciprocate. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:26 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

I agree the op is beign a little hypocritical but theyres also a grey area in between wanting a super model and someone youre attracted to

Nice pleasant and kind is fine but theyres has to be some sort of physical attraction for me to give a girl a chance regardless of my huge "flaw" of bieng short call that hypocritical if you want but id rather be alone then with someone i have no attraction to..

Some of you make it seem like short men cant afofrd to have standards physically and should go with anyone who will acceptthem..

Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I agree the op is beign a little hypocritical but theyres also a grey area in between wanting a super model and someone youre attracted to

Nice pleasant and kind is fine but theyres has to be some sort of physical attraction for me to give a girl a chance regardless of my huge "flaw" of bieng short call that hypocritical if you want but id rather be alone then with someone i have no attraction to..

Some of you make it seem like short men cant afofrd to have standards physically and should go with anyone who will acceptthem..
I don't think that at all.

I think they should go after women that they are attracted to.

But, here's the thing... you'd best have a LOT going for you if you're wanting to compete with men who don't have the shortness as a negative. A LOT.

I don't get the impression, based on the attitudes displayed in these types of threads, that the men who start them have much going for them personality-wise in the first place.

If so, they could get women that they find attractive. Could they get EVERY woman that catches their eye? Probably not. But, that's true of MOST human beings on this planet, so no biggie there.

I think the being realistic is also nice. It's pretty silly to hold out for the head cheerleader when there are so many other cheerleaders on the squad who are pretty and fun to be around.

Yanno?

Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I don't think that at all.

I think they should go after women that they are attracted to.

But, here's the thing... you'd best have a LOT going for you if you're wanting to compete with men who don't have the shortness as a negative. A LOT.

?

So youre saying being short is seen as such a negative by women that a tall men simply has to exist to attract a women where a short guy will have out stick out as some amazing person to get the same girl

Old 08-26-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
So youre saying being short is seen as such a negative by women that a tall men simply has to exist to attract a women where a short guy will have out stick out as some amazing person to get the same girl
NO.

I'm saying that if you take two men who are totally equal in every way except height?

Being short will be a negative.

Kinda like taking two women who are equal in every way, except one has a better body. Better body will win out.

Soo... Work with what you've got. I'm not saying short guys should take whatever chick and never go for what they want.

I'm merely suggesting that if they expect to consistently pull women from the top shelf? They'd best be flawless. And wealthy. Famous would not hurt.

Just remember that plenty of tall guys who are attractive and successful are also not dating supermodels. There are only so many of them, yanno.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,825 times
Quote:

We all have standards.

For example, I would prefer to be dating Orlando Bloom than the goose I am seeing right now.

However, Orlando lives in Hollywood with his supermodel wife and likely has zero interest in an old bad tempered computer geek like me.

Based on your theory, I should ignore all of the above and have Orlando anyway.

Isn't that the thought process of the average stalker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships