Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,183,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Been proposed to twice. I'm honest about it. I have no problem with men wanting to date me (not just sleep with me) regardless. I don't want to find "the one" because I don't believe in marriage. Thanks.
I did not mean that you SHOULD. Know thyself and rock it. There seems to be an opinion by some that being the slutty **** is diametrically opposed to ever being committed. I think that is just wrong.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Interesting theory. I guess that's why I've had sex with men who I never asked for their number to contact and never saw again. I must have given them access to my soul and heart.
Ewww!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Don't want to date me because of it? GOOD thanks for letting me know since I don't want to date you either!

BUT serial sluttiness can lead you to The One.
Serial sluttiness!! Lol!!!

That's awesome!!! At least get something for it. Sheesh!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Serial sluttiness!! Lol!!!

That's awesome!!! At least get something for it. Sheesh!
I'm more of a cereal s_lut, myself. One night, Lucky Charms. Two mornings later, Honey Nut Raisin Bran Crunch. A week later, it's Mini Wheats.

As for getting something for all my cereal activities, there are very few prizes in boxes these days.

--Dim

Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM

302 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
I must have given them access to my soul and heart.
Yes, you did. Whether you chose to or not. It's a biological and neurological fact that women bond emotionally with a man after sex. It has to do with a chemical called oxytocin that is released during sex and orgasm. Oxytocin causes emotional, neurological bonding. With men, it is suppressed by their high level of testosterone, whereas with women oxytocin is more active due to the higher levels of estrogen.

Just thought I should add a little bit of actual science in with all the "if it feels good it must be good" attitudes being thrown around in this thread.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Yes, you did. Whether you chose to or not. It's a biological and neurological fact that women bond emotionally with a man after sex. It has to do with a chemical called oxytocin that is released during sex and orgasm. Oxytocin causes emotional, neurological bonding. With men, it is suppressed by their high level of testosterone, whereas with women oxytocin is more active due to the higher levels of estrogen.

Just thought I should add a little bit of actual science in with all the "if it feels good it must be good" attitudes being thrown around in this thread.
So then why afterwards did I go home and never see them, think about them, speak to them, or in some cases even remember their names?

Obviously I formed no attachment.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
So then why afterwards did I go home and never see, them or think about them, speak to them, or in some cases even remember their names?

Closing off your thoughts does not mean biology didn't happen. I'm not making this up. Google it. I can choose not to think about someone but it doesn't mean that I have no bond with that person.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM

52,211 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
So then why afterwards did I go home and never see them, think about them, speak to them, or in some cases even remember their names?

Are you a woman or a gay man? Can't tell from your profile. Just curious.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are you a woman or a gay man? Can't tell from your profile. Just curious.

Straight woman.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:35 PM

For the record, I'm currently involved in a FWB relationship and I've been involved in a quite a few actually. Speaking from my own experience...an ongoing "strictly sexual" relationship always, and I mean always leads to a woman getting more attached and ultimately getting hurt. That's why I'm not particularly proud of my history. Alas, I am but an imperfect man and my desires often get the best of me. Now obviously with a one night stand, the risks of attachment are lowered considerably. But ONS's are pretty nasty, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships