Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Closing off your thoughts does not mean biology didn't happen. I'm not making this up. Google it. I can choose not to think about someone but it doesn't mean that I have no bond with that person.
So biologically I bonded with these men. Okay. Just not in any other capacity. Not in any emotional way that made me inclined to ever contact them or have any type of relationship besides physical.

This includes ONS and FWB relationships I have had. No reason to contact these type of people unless it is for physical reasons. Never went on a single date with any of my FWB.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
Yes, you did. Whether you chose to or not. It's a biological and neurological fact that women bond emotionally with a man after sex. It has to do with a chemical called oxytocin that is released during sex and orgasm. Oxytocin causes emotional, neurological bonding. With men, it is suppressed by their high level of testosterone, whereas with women oxytocin is more active due to the higher levels of estrogen.

Just thought I should add a little bit of actual science in with all the "if it feels good it must be good" attitudes being thrown around in this thread.
Can you stretch and manipulate that "science" any further?

So, professor, lets here your explanation on how sex workers manage to control this biological emotional bond they experience several times a day when they give their souls to strangers.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,204,574 times
Quote:
Yes, you did. Whether you chose to or not. It's a biological and neurological fact that women bond emotionally with a man after sex. It has to do with a chemical called oxytocin that is released during sex and orgasm. Oxytocin causes emotional, neurological bonding.
Bonding? Seriously. You have some logic flaws there. The fact that this is a brain chemical is present and part of the formation of a love bond does not mean the opposite, that its presence requires a love bond.

I was there. There was no love bonding going on.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,234,824 times
I think it depends on luck, a woman may sleep with a guy intending for it to be a long term thing and he flakes out or he is horrible in bed or what have you so they have to go on to the next guy (if they like sex and dont want to be single). I doubt there are too many women that are diliberatly trying to rack up numbers. Some women get lucky and find a great guy right out of the gate that they had sex with on the first date.

Its sad to see these women that get so jaded (like JJ) that they have all these wierd mental processes going on in regards to sex. I mean I can see getting a little jaded but not so much that you actually stifle your own happieness and progress in your life. My gf has a fairly high number but its because she likes sex and I like sex so I would be a hypocrite to judge her for it.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM

302 posts, read 303,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Can you stretch and manipulate that "science" any further?

So, professor, lets here your explanation on how sex workers manage to control this biological emotional bond they experience several times a day when they give their souls to strangers.
I didn't create the human body. It does what it does regardless of my explanation. Oxytocin is released during orgasm. It's a fact. I would imagine that not too many of those girls that are victims of sex trafficking experience orgasms while being raped.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Bonding? Seriously.
Yes, seriously. As I a said, it's biology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I think it depends on luck, a woman may sleep with a guy intending for it to be a long term thing and he flakes out or he is horrible in bed or what have you so they have to go on to the next guy (if they like sex and dont want to be single). I doubt there are too many women that are diliberatly trying to rack up numbers. Some women get lucky and find a great guy right out of the gate that they had sex with on the first date.
The numbers are not the goal. Nor are they an obstacle. Great sex is the goal.

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post

Its sad to see these women that get so jaded (like JJ) that they have all these wierd mental processes going on in regards to sex. I mean I can see getting a little jaded but not so much that you actually stifle your own happieness and progress in your life. My gf has a fairly high number but its because she likes sex and I like sex so I would be a hypocrite to judge her for it.

I like sex, but I do prefer it to be within the confines of a loving relationship. I've tried FWB and ONS and found them to be ...less than enjoyable. That doesn't mean that I look down on other people who do enjoy them, as long as all parties are happy and consensual with the situation. What I don't like is when people lie about what they really want so they can use the other person. Ya know, like only wanting sex but telling their partner that they like them and want to be in a relationship with them. Or pretending they like the other person when in reality the only reason they're with them is because they have frequent sex.

That doesn't mean I have a 'weird mental process' going on regarding sex, it just means that I know what I like and I stick with it.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Great sex is the goal.
If it's truly great sex you're after, try doing it with someone you love.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
If it's truly great sex you're after, try doing it with someone you love.
See, you are talking to someone who has (and continues) to experience both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships