Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM

302 posts, read 304,053 times

Advertisements

Men are different than women. We think differently, we behave differently, we enjoy different activities. But that's just not acceptable in this society. We all have to like, do and think the same way. And it's ruined the male/female dynamic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Really? They are all getting divorced? Even the highest estimates of 50% (which are grossly misstated and generalized) would only equal half, not all. Even then, further analysis and breakdown would be more telling on who is getting divorced and why... and it is far less than 50% within large segments of the population.
Dude, it's common knowledge that over half of all marriages end in divorce. And the ones that haven't ended yet or on their way there. Why do I say that? Because the average marriage lasts 7.8 years. This info is from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,512,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Men are different than women. We think differently, we behave differently, we enjoy different activities.
That's bull. Individuals are different from other individuals. Some men love clothes and hate sports. Some women love cars and video games. Not everyone can be pigeonholed by gender, and that's not a bad thing.

And if you actually read the statistics, less than half of marriages end in divorce, which is, again, not a bad thing. People should take marriage seriously, but they shouldn't be forced into a bad situation merely because of appearances.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's bull.
lol See what I mean? You just can't accept that men and women are different. Biologically, neurologically, inherently different.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,496,657 times
Quote:
Men are different than women. We think differently, we behave differently, we enjoy different activities. But that's just not acceptable in this society. We all have to like, do and think the same way. And it's ruined the male/female dynamic.
Huh?
What activities?
I enjoy a nice beer or scotch while watching a good football game (or going and playing golf myself).
I think I can find about 8 trazillion guys who would say the same.
I love window shopping hot cars and high-end electronics. I like playing a pickup bball game (and I get serious with it) or grilling in the back yard.
I like pumping bullets out of my AR15 and going on weekend rides on my motorcycle.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,512,782 times
Quote:
lol See what I mean? You just can't accept that men and women are different. Biologically, neurologically, inherently different.
You weren't speaking of biological differences, you're talking about social conditioning. Not the same thing.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

102,270 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. What does this have to do with the OP? It sounds off-topic.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,476,236 times
in short: let people be individuals
its common sense, people do not suddenly change just because they attach themselves to a SO.

people are individuals first, lovers second. you will and can never change this fact of life.

partners should compliment your life, not BE your life

Last edited by rego00123; 08-27-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. What does this have to do with the OP? It sounds off-topic.
It emphasizes why we need our own space to do our own thing. Mod cut: rude.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-27-2013 at 01:26 PM..

Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM

102,270 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Off-topic ^^^.

Listen, OP. Most of the women I know well are very independent, including the married ones. They all travel for at least a couple of months a year on work-related business. So they basically check out of their marriages, and travel to other countries for business or conferences. And that's not counting vacation travel. Women need, and crave, alone time. They also typically need time to hang out with their friends. So I don't see that in these respects, they're any different than men.

It sounds like you had a hidden agenda rant behind your OP, since you're changing the subject. Maybe you should just start another thread. But by now it should be clear to you that you've grossly misunderstood women, and that you're wrong about your assumptions.

NEXT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships