Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:58 PM

324 posts, read 441,000 times

Advertisements

When you want some one in your life , but you know they are not going to stay long , when you want to see someone so bad , when you do, you start thinking is this the person I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with.

The person always calls you at random times and you get all excited to talk to the person but after 10 minutes you just want to hang up and do your own thing .

When that person stops calling .. you get worried .. what is she doing ? Where is she at ? She lost interest in me ?

And when you do finally get to her you ask the same question / courtesy line and try to hang up as soon as its awkward silence .

You know you love her , you think you love her.

You know it will never work out , yet you still try to maintain connection and pursue the relationship / keep it dragging.

You know you should stop talking / seeing this person for all the right reason , yet you find ease and peace when you know her where abouts

Jealous , abandonment issues

What is it ? How do one over come it or fix it ?
The right way !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 03:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Sounds more like desperate obsession to me.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
It's narcissistic, jealous and controlling.

And creepy.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Is it possible you're in love with the idea of her but not her?

But, yeah, A LOT of people can not handle being completely alone, whether it's being physically alone or just mentally alone. I know a bunch of people like that. No idea what the fix is. I think I used to be like that but then unforseen life circumstances forced me to be alone for real, but I managed and coped without me even realizing it. I still prefer to be with someone though.

Last edited by srjth; 09-08-2013 at 04:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2013, 04:03 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sounds more like desperate obsession to me.
........in addition to being strung along.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM

324 posts, read 441,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Is it possible you're in love with the idea of her but not her?

But, yeah, A LOT of people can not handle being completely alone, whether it's being physically alone or just mentally alone. I know a bunch of people like that. No idea what the fix is. I think I used to be like that but then unforseen life circumstances forced me to be alone for real, but I managed and coped without me even realizing it. I still prefer to be with someone though.
In love with the idea of being with her but not in love with her !

Hmm that struck me ! You might be on to somthing

Old 09-08-2013, 04:36 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
When you want some one in your life , but you know they are not going to stay long , when you want to see someone so bad , when you do, you start thinking is this the person I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with.

The person always calls you at random times and you get all excited to talk to the person but after 10 minutes you just want to hang up and do your own thing .

When that person stops calling .. you get worried .. what is she doing ? Where is she at ? She lost interest in me ?

And when you do finally get to her you ask the same question / courtesy line and try to hang up as soon as its awkward silence .

You know you love her , you think you love her.

You know it will never work out , yet you still try to maintain connection and pursue the relationship / keep it dragging.

You know you should stop talking / seeing this person for all the right reason , yet you find ease and peace when you know her where abouts

Jealous , abandonment issues

What is it ? How do one over come it or fix it ?
The right way !
You need to see a professional and most City Date posters are not professionals.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,289 times
Sounds like you are calling 411- Information: available yet unattainable. Find someone in reality with bumps and warts. This is your idea of a relationship, but it is idealized. The person you want is not fully satisfying. Yeah, a real relationship, it's plenty satisfying, some work, but altogether everything you dream it to be. This relationship, you get connected, you want to hang up. You are at two different places and it will never level out. Let it go, it's the stuff of adolescent TV shows, and move to the real world. You can make love to images, but they will never love you back.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Sounds like the behavior of a toddler.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
??? I'm lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships