Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,608,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Or maybe he has hot, wild monkey-sex with a woman he's been seeing and just doesn't want to discuss his private life with his co-workers. Some people are like that.
Exactly. Maybe the woman he has hot wild monkey sex is one of the OP's coworkers, and that's why they keep it private. The possibilities are endless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

102,243 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreMA View Post
OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL! i simply have actually three different girlfriends who i would love to fix up!!! i didnt want ti just ask him if he likes woman..
So ask him if he'd like to get fixed up. Pretty simple.

12,115 posts, read 33,717,687 times
a guy i work with i found out was questioning my sexual orientation(which is straight) just because i didn't discuss if i had someone or not or my marital status (never married). we get along well but when i found that out it pissed me off tho it doesn't bother me now (and rumor had it that he may be gay tho he has a girlfriend who used to work at our place)

i guess what im trying to say is for a never married guy past a certain age theres not a helluva lot of space to be human (like to be ambivalent, shy, not want drama from a relationship, put dating on a back burner, etc). youll always be suspect

Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Ask him if he'd be interested in meeting your single girlfriend.

Either he will be or he will not be. You won't offend him.

You also will not know what his sexual orientation is, unless he takes you up on it AND gets into a relationship with your friend.

How's that for straightforward minus all the games?
This is really good advice, in my opinion.

Ask the co-worker if he would like to meet your friend, but remember, even if he says, "thanks, but no thanks," that still doesn't mean he's gay.

Some of us just prefer to be single.

Again, though, if he says "no," just drop it because it's none of your business why.

(Oh, and my oldest brother didn't marry until he was well into his forties. Unfortunately, he often lamented to me it was the worst mistake of his life to marry - he should have just stayed a bachelor.)

Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,582,127 times
Quote:
ive never heard him talk of a special woman in his life (or man for that matter) and at first i tbougbt he was just very private; but after four years Im thinking this co-worker is gay....the guy is about 56 and his only interest seems to be golf once a week and then a drinkfest after with his buddies at the club what do you think gay or no gay?
By chance is his name Hannibal?
It may explain the absence of people in his life.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM

599 posts, read 954,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard342 View Post
Perhaps he has decided too just never marry. You realize he will be in the majority in ten years in the USA. No incentive to marry in your country with your divorce laws being so biased. Will be interesting how the birth rate falls as less men enter into long term relationships. Didn't the feminists want to destroy marriage? Looks like its working

Too late. He is already in the majority - the majority of adults in the US are not married, as of 2011.

In ten years, those married will be a massive minority. As married people die and divorce, far fewer are marrying. Yes, the divorce laws are to blame.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:49 PM

102,243 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
Too late. He is already in the majority - the majority of adults in the US are not married, as of 2011.

In ten years, those married will be a massive minority. As married people die and divorce, far fewer are marrying. Yes, the divorce laws are to blame.
All the young people I know are already married, or intend to marry. There's nothing biased about the divorce laws. Get yourself a good lawyer, and you can win. That's all it takes, unless the husband has been especially egregious, like physically abusive, or something.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM

83 posts, read 325,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
So this guy is 56, golfs every week and goes out drinking with his buddies?

Please explain how this is bad?
no one said it was bad.....just thought i could fix him up....my bad.......

Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,093,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasX51 View Post
Whatever. He knows he doesn't have to put his head on the guillotine by marrying someone.
She never said he wasn't married or in a relationship, she said she wasn't sure.

Nobody knew my husband was married until I went to a work function with him. People were shocked to find out not only was he married, but he had 4 kids as well.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL! i simply have actually three different girlfriends who i would love to fix up!!! i didnt want ti just ask him if he likes woman..
Leave the guy alone.
It's none of your business and you need to stay the hell out of other people's lives.

He's a big boy, he can take care of himself.

Quote:
first off im on my readerand i think mozt people know what im trying to xay ..and second if you want to get technical you didnt add a space between two words........its not that hard and even if myfingers touch tne wrong key ......why are you so angry?.. im not trying to pry but you sure have issues if i can feel it through my reader....
Actually, I can't read this and if you can't communicate, don't expect others to respect your opinion.
Especially this opinion.
Leave the guy alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships