Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 04:46 PM

105 posts, read 284,070 times

Advertisements

I'm not really dating anyone right now and I'm kinda tired of meeting men online, so I decided this morning I would go out tonight and try to meet at least 1 man the "old fashioned" way.

My friends are all going out on dates tonight and the one who isn't said he's not in the mood to go out ... sooo I guess that means I'm solo! I've never done this before and I'm kinda nervous. There's this one girl friend who I used to go out with before she moved and when it was just us men would approach me often or invite us to sit with them. That never really happened with anyone else I'm ever out, probably because I was typically out on dates or with male friends?

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that the same thing happens tonight! I've picked out a Jazz bar to start and if that one doesn't work out there's a rock bar near and if that one doesn't work there's a regular bar, then a country bar.

I'm going to try my best to look pretty and approachable lol. Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Eh, you probably won't need much luck, as long as you seem approachable.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:56 PM

330 posts, read 545,295 times
This´s actually quite common in my country.
Bars that are hosting events (like film screenings, music, etc.) are great and provide easy conversation starters.

Good luck!

Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Do not feel to bad I go to the bar alone a lot. Back when I had friends I went with them until they started C blocking me .

Old 09-07-2013, 05:42 PM

105 posts, read 284,070 times
Yeah, hopefully I'll have fun no matter what. Im not really a bar person or a drinker, but I figure its a good place to start.

I find it interesting that at my age (late 20s) I've never met a man while out. Since I was a teenager its always been online, but I've come to find this has been bad. They all seem great and relationship minded initially, but for the most part all anyone has wanted was a hookup or temporary ego boost. Im starting to feel like I must not have anything to offer but my looks and body and I don't like that feeling.

Might be unlikely that anyone at a bar would be any different, but like I said its a start in a new direction.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:34 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I'm not really dating anyone right now and I'm kinda tired of meeting men online, so I decided this morning I would go out tonight and try to meet at least 1 man the "old fashioned" way.

My friends are all going out on dates tonight and the one who isn't said he's not in the mood to go out ... sooo I guess that means I'm solo! I've never done this before and I'm kinda nervous. There's this one girl friend who I used to go out with before she moved and when it was just us men would approach me often or invite us to sit with them. That never really happened with anyone else I'm ever out, probably because I was typically out on dates or with male friends?

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that the same thing happens tonight! I've picked out a Jazz bar to start and if that one doesn't work out there's a rock bar near and if that one doesn't work there's a regular bar, then a country bar.

I'm going to try my best to look pretty and approachable lol. Wish me luck!
A good plan, Going to a place by yourself where socializing is almost guaranteed. The music factor helps especially as ut will be easier to break the ice. As you might be going to several bars: pace yourself, And drink until you feel good then don't drink no more!

Old 09-07-2013, 07:48 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Sounds good. Good luck and have fun!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 PM

208 posts, read 218,714 times
Good luck. Enjoy.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
I wonder how the OP's night was. Hopefully he met someone. Maybe he is even just going home now. : )

Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post

I find it interesting that at my age (late 20s) I've never met a man while out. Since I was a teenager its always been online, but I've come to find this has been bad. They all seem great and relationship minded initially, but for the most part all anyone has wanted was a hookup or temporary ego boost. Im starting to feel like I must not have anything to offer but my looks and body and I don't like that feeling.
Maybe you have a misconstrued view of yourself and it makes you seem unapproachable?

If you are late 20's and apparently have "looks and a body" to offer I find it very hard to believe youve never been approached. My girlfriend got hit on blatantly three times just yesterday at the grocery store. All by gross guys but still, I find it hard to believe it has never happened or theres more to it.

Maybe it's happening and you dont realize it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships