Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:42 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I'm a guy, one with a 450-hp libido, one who has been around the block a few times. But only an idiot goes around and sleeps with just anybody. Because there is no such thing as no-strings sex. It's an illusion that is accepted by really stupid people who think with their little heads. After a couple of rolls in the hay, someone always gets emotionally attached. Sure, they might claim that it's no big deal, but it always happens. And, no matter what anyone says, there's no such thing as 100% effective birth control.
Sure there is: sterilization. Get the snip, no more babies. Sleeping with just anybody is idiotic, yes, but the rest of it is simply your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,731,086 times
Quote:
I don't understand the concept of having sex with a person with whom you have no real emotional connection.
Due to the the sexual drive, it has always happened with both males and females, but is more common with men. There are men who categorically state that the only reason they ever date is to have sex. Most people, both men and women, have needs for affection, companionship, etc.

Obviously, if a man never has a need for affection in a relationship with a woman ("I only date to get laid"), then that very human need for affection is either nonexistent in him, underdeveloped, denied, or being met by........men.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,335,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sure there is: sterilization. Get the snip, no more babies. Sleeping with just anybody is idiotic, yes, but the rest of it is simply your opinion.
True. But how many single guys in their late teens and twenties are really getting vasectomies?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:57 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,731,086 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm a guy, one with a 450-hp libido, one who has been around the block a few times. But only an idiot goes around and sleeps with just anybody. Because there is no such thing as no-strings sex. It's an illusion that is accepted by really stupid people who think with their little heads. After a couple of rolls in the hay, someone always gets emotionally attached. Sure, they might claim that it's no big deal, but it always happens. And, no matter what anyone says, there's no such thing as 100% effective birth control.

As somebody who has two male family members and several friends whose lives were completely, utterly derailed by some one-night stand ringing them up and saying, "Well, I'm pregnant," I can tell you the consequences are not worth it. I mean, hey, if scribbling out twenty-two years of child support checks to a woman you barely knew is your idea of fun, then go for it. That way, you'll serve as a warning to others.
An "emotional attachment" to a sex partner is not the same as "pregnancy" and child support. If the woman had no feelings for the guy before the event, being pregnant would not cause her to love him. "It takes two to tangle" and the child, however, must be supported.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 AM

26,711 posts, read 41,912,279 times
Quote:
True. But how many single guys in their late teens and twenties are really getting vasectomies?
How many can find doctors WILLING to do vasectomy or can afford it? If I could get one now, I would have long done it.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
An "emotional attachment" to a sex partner is not the same as "pregnancy" and child support. If the woman had no feelings for the guy before the event, being pregnant would not cause her to love him. "It takes two to tangle" and the child, however, must be supported.
But you miss my point. After a bout or two of riding the baloney pony, somebody is going to get attached some way. It's almost inescapable. So that girl that you hooked up with three or four times last month when you both had nothing better to do last month starts texting you and asking, "Why didn't you call me this weekend? What's up?" It happens. All. The. Time.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How many can find doctors WILLING to do vasectomy or can afford it? If I could get one now, I would have long done it.
Your friendly urologist will take care of that. Surely you can come up with a couple of grand to have it done. The procedure takes all of fifteen minutes. And the worst discomfort is when they wash it with cold water. Jeez. Couldn't they at least warm that saline up?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,434,310 times
Quote:
But you miss my point. After a bout or two of riding the baloney pony, somebody is going to get attached some way. It's almost inescapable. So that girl that you hooked up with three or four times last month when you both had nothing better to do last month starts texting you and asking, "Why didn't you call me this weekend? What's up?" It happens. All. The. Time.
so what are you suggesting people do in order to have sex?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,996,212 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm a guy, one with a 450-hp libido, one who has been around the block a few times. But only an idiot goes around and sleeps with just anybody
half the people in this thread are ignoring the "F" in "FWB"

it's not just anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
FWB often is a loving relationship, just not a romantic, "in love" relationship
great point that few seem to get. it's not like FWB is going to the nearest dark alley for a dirty raw shag with whoever is hanging around after their last bender

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,511,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
great point that few seem to get. it's not like FWB is going to the nearest dark alley for a dirty raw shag with whoever is hanging around after their last bender
Indeed. The scenario above doesn't even rate a FB label - as there's no "buddy" involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships