Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Look, men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love. The quicker people figure that out, the better off everybody would be.
An expert on how women everywhere think! At last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,963,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I don't understand the concept of having sex with a person with whom you have no real emotional connection.
I am calling total and absolute complete BS here.

So you are implying that you were completely and utterly in love with every woman before you had sex with each one using your 450 hp libido?

Sure buddy, I am totally sure you loved every woman before you had sex with them. EVERY TIME.

Even though this forum is anonymous, I sometimes feel I would obtain more honesty from people IRL on the street that I had never met before.

I am curious as to what exactly cpg is selling....

Old 09-13-2013, 11:05 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I am calling total and absolute complete BS here.

So you are implying that you were completely and utterly in love with every woman before you had sex with each one using your 450 hp libido?

Sure buddy, I am totally sure you loved every woman before you had sex with them. EVERY TIME.

Even though this forum is anonymous, I sometimes feel I would obtain more honesty from people IRL on the street that I had never met before.

I am curious as to what exactly cpg is selling....
Do you think that love actually equates to nothing more than 'an emotional connection'? Really?

Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,005,511 times
Quote:
I don't understand the concept of having sex with a person with whom you have no real emotional connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Empty meaningless sex with people that you're just using to get your "needs" met? Pretty sad in my book. I feel sorry for the younger generation. I don't understand how sex could be much good if you don't have a loving relationship with them.
Are y'all's friendship devoid of emotional connection, empty and meaningless? How sad! Mine are not.

FWB is not emotionless sex, and I agree with you two that it would not be worth doing if it was . It is friendly, cosy, cuddly, silly. affctionate, playful, occassionally raunchy and intense sex. It is just not let's-get-married sex. Well, sometimes it is even that -- some people marry their close friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How many can find doctors WILLING to do vasectomy or can afford it? If I could get one now, I would have long done it.
Willing is probably difficult until you are at least 25. Cost should be cheap or free, covered by various government and charitable subsidies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most people would be surprised at the number of men who have never had a FWB. Women use it way more

I would say 65-80% of women under 30 years old have had a FWB and maybe 15-30 percent of men have had one in that same age range.
How does that work? All the women have the same small set of guys as FWBs, in series? I suppose that's possible...

I seems more likely that when a woman and a man describe the same relationship, she calls it FWB and he calls it bf/gf. Women tend to be more practical and pragmatic about relationships. And, as other posters have noted, it's more social acceptable for men to have a 'gf' who they don't intend to marry, and mainly just for the sex. But she probably refers to that relationship as FWB.

BTW, when two people are FWBs and then one of them falls in love -- in my experience it's more often the man. Men get fooled by this societal myth that they can always have sex without getting attached, that that's women's problem, and so they don't do as a good a job of preventing themselves from falling for the person

Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most people would be surprised at the number of men who have never had a FWB. Women use it way more

I would say 65-80% of women under 30 years old have had a FWB and maybe 15-30 percent of men have had one in that same age range.
That's true for sex overall in general. Most women are having sex, or at least had sex before, where as slightly less men are not having sex, or have never had sex at all.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
This has been going on for ages; and with financial independence, less pressure to marry early, and advances in birth control, they may feel freer to act upon their very natural sexual impulses without fears of being stuck with someone they would rather not stay with.
I say drugs and alcohol is a big reason why women these days are having lots of random sex where normally they would not.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
actually, i'm a guy, one with a 450-hp libido, one who has been around the block a few times. But only an idiot goes around and sleeps with just anybody. Because there is no such thing as no-strings sex. It's an illusion that is accepted by really stupid people who think with their little heads. After a couple of rolls in the hay, someone always gets emotionally attached. Sure, they might claim that it's no big deal, but it always happens. And, no matter what anyone says, there's no such thing as 100% effective birth control.

As somebody who has two male family members and several friends whose lives were completely, utterly derailed by some one-night stand ringing them up and saying, "well, i'm pregnant," i can tell you the consequences are not worth it. I mean, hey, if scribbling out twenty-two years of child support checks to a woman you barely knew is your idea of fun, then go for it. That way, you'll serve as a warning to others.
+1

Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Look, men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love. The quicker people figure that out, the better off everybody would be.
This is so true.... And it's also along the lines of how women can have sex whenever they want, and men can get into relationships whenever they want.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,157,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
This is so true.... And it's also along the lines of how women can have sex whenever they want, and men can get into relationships whenever they want.
That's also a good way of looking at it.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM

16 posts, read 18,809 times
- Do you find her attractive?

- Is she single?

- Do you link sex with romance and/or love?

If all are affirmative, then go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships