Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,637,257 times

Advertisements

I generally reason that I don't care about people's history if I can't see them either in business-related or private-related things in my life. It's their life and that's all.
If I happen to care, I generally won't ask them, but I'll use any occasion to find it out from other sources or from their behavior.

When it comes to sexual past in particular, I think that they are either promiscuous themselves, or that they are indoctrinated by BS from the media and various organizations to a point where they don't use their own brain, or they are simply ashamed to admit that they care. It's even funnier to me if those folks start talking about sexual compatibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM

87 posts, read 147,749 times
I'd like to know most everything except things related to their sexual past, adventures and how many women they have been with. Unless it is important to the present moment and relationship, I don't see how it in anyway could enhance the relationship and intimacy.

Knowing about the ex-wife with whom he has children, their divorce, issues, strengths, etc., is all fine, but all the other "fluff" that was "just for fun" I'd rather not know about.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:46 AM

19,986 posts, read 30,398,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I always find this funny. You people will judge if people used to do drugs, DUIs, criminal record, etc. But a woman's sexual past is off limits to judgement. It's hypocritical. People go to prison for their pasts. Only people with pasts they don't want say the past doesn't matter.
i stated nothing in my post about drugs or dui's

i got a dui 27 yrs ago,,i freely tell anyone that-i learned from it- i even tell my son-learn from my mistakes

now if i met a lady and she's been in and out of jail for prostitution, yeah, id want to know

Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 AM

31,382 posts, read 22,360,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesamekid View Post
I like a man who wants to know my past, my history. It turns me on that he is interested in that side of me. I am a curious person too.
wants to be.

Ditto, I'm usually as open as my partner wants to be. Fluid, open communication is very refreshing.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,377,739 times
Their sexual past? No, it's none of my business, and it IS in the past.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:09 PM

330 posts, read 547,081 times
Never once was worried about a partner's sexual past or cared about it much, really.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,039,125 times
Their past in what respect? I don't wanna know about the dudes they've been with.. that doesn't interest me. If they have a funny story about their ex boyfriend, no big deal but I don't want to get to know any exes. Just like I don't feel like talking about any of the girls I've been with.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,842,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I like to hear tales about his childhood, family, work, some of the life things he has been through. Sexual history? Nah. If he's healthy and he's faithful in his commitment to me, that's all that matters. That goes twice over now, at my age. His past relationships and sex life is between him and his exes and none of my business, and I get the same respect for boundaries from him.
Exactly.

Quote:
You say you don't pelt people with questions, but there is really no polite way to ask someone what kinds of sexual activity are in his or her past. For me, if you have to ask, you're not close enough to me to know, which means you're prying.
Yep, I don't need to know, really. What matters is his sexual activity with me.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,089,074 times
I like to know....to a point. I don't need details, but if I want them, I'll ask. I prefer people to be curious about my past, it made me who I am today. However, I don't want them to use it against me (btdt, it's the worst thing in the world). I also like to learn about my partner's past. What made him who he is today. I'll be honest, depending on how I feel about the person, will determine if I judge their past or not. I like when a guy asks me questions, because it makes me feel like he's interested in the person I am...as a whole.

What I dislike is when men MUST know "my number"...as in, hoow many men have I slept with. So far, only one, ONE PERSON, who asked, actually didn't care. The rest, immediately judged me. I don't get why men want to know, when they can't handle the truth. Now that, I dislike. Or when a guy asks me if I've done this or that, or would do it, and I answer and they don't like the answer.

If you're going to ask, you better be able to handle the answer. I don't ask about things I know I can't handle. And in fact, if I know I can't handle certain topics, I ask the guy not to talk about it please.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:24 PM

2,457 posts, read 3,601,246 times
I'm too curious not to wonder, though it's not something i ask before trust is established(sex) because it's not details I feel comfortable sharing about myself with random women.(other than internet where I'm anonymous anyway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships