Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,272 times

Advertisements

He broke it off about 3 months ago for no reason and he refused to tell me why. That day, I followed him all the way towards the parking lot demanding an explanation and he end up getting into his car and closing the door in front of my face while I wasn't done talking.

A couple days ago (well I tried seeking him at his workplace but I got told it was his day off), I went to his house just to talk. I just wanted to see if we can possibly get back together at some point.

I got a ''What the hell are you doing here'' but after struggling to get in, he let me in for a few minutes saying how it's over and there is nothing to talk about. Then he didn't wanted to talk about it anymore; kept telling me to leave. I refused until I had a full explanation and even accused him of possibly cheating. Then he went on saying ''If you don't leave, I'm going to report you''. WTF... that was mean.

Do you think he cheated on me?
I have a feeling he did. Otherwise why would he just break up like that as if I was nothing to him anymore.

We've been together for a bit more than 3 years and suddenly he breaks up like that out of no where. I think I had the rights to demand an explanation. Yet, he treated me like I was tresspassing or something. I was his gf, the woman he claimed to once love. Not a stranger. Why would someone that loved you treat you this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,279,481 times
No point in beating a dead horse.

Listen to Chris Rock: if you spent 5 years together, youve spent 2 1/2 years breaking up....

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM

True though I'll never find out if he really cheated or not. If he did well at least I know the real reason behind that nonchalant break-up.

I hope he realizes that's a mistake he made. I was always a good gf.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtingnconfused View Post
I believe my ex bf (then bf) cheated on me
Before he broke-up with you something or a series of somethings happened.

[tell us about it]

Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
I think there's a slight possibility my ex-gf from 2 years ago cheated on me before I broke up with her.

However, it's not on my mind and I don't care.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Don't go seeking him out anymore.

I lived with my ex for five years, and he suddenly broke things off, and I had nowhere to live and had to really scramble. The day after I moved my portion of five years' worth of "couple" accumulation out, I stopped by to divvy up a last couple of things and handle some paperwork, and he knew I was coming by...in fact, had told me to, rather than come to my new place to complete the transaction...I didn't just show up, I was anticipated. He still ended up shutting the door to the house we'd made a home for years in my face. I don't know why. I wasn't belligerent, or causing a scene, I was respectful, I didn't struggle to get in, wouldn't have imagined doing so. I took the high road. It was the saddest thing ever...walking away from that little house we'd moved into with so many hopes and dreams, the home I'd loved, knowing it was a place I'd never see again and was no longer my home.

He immediately "started" a relationship with a coworker, even before I had a chance to move out. I'm not an idiot; it was quite obvious after the fact that the relationship had definitely started before he broke up with me. There is little doubt in my mind that he cheated. There is little question in my mind that knowing that was true, he doubtless felt that he couldn't face me, or my family (who made him a part of their family for five years and loved him, as well), and that is why the shutting of doors in my face, the avoidance, the hiding, etc. occurred. For all I know the new GF was already in the process of getting moved in hours after I moved out. He is a person who defaults to feelings of shame, in general, and if he doesn't feel shame for how he comported himself, he certainly should. But it's not my problem. I was a great girlfriend; I always treated him with love, compassion, and respect. I cared for him, shared my life with him, stood up for him and supported him in many difficult undertakings...I was by his side without fail. I'm not a perfect person, but I know I was a damned good girlfriend and helped him improve his life in many ways. I hold onto that. The fact that he didn't value it and threw it away says loads more about him than it ever will about me.

Bottom line is, there's no way of knowing definitively that you got cheated on or not cheated on. But ultimately, in the end, it really doesn't matter. Confronting him about it won't make you feel any better or change anything, anyway. Although my ex has a history of looking back on decisions in his life with regret and berates himself for choices he's made, I don't look for him to look back on how he treated me with regret. He's not much for empathy. But, really, it doesn't matter. I can say, "Oh, you're gonna miss me." And maybe he will. But that's neither here nor there to me, now. My life gets a chance to be better, now, shed of someone who would casually toss me aside. I got the chance to start over, to meet someone who values me. Hold your head high, and maintain your dignity, because that's something nobody can take away from you. If you were treated in such a manner, keeping your head held high and taking the high road is the absolute best thing you can do.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Before he broke-up with you something or a series of somethings happened.

[tell us about it]
Apart from few arguments every now and then like normal couples have, everything was going ok. I wasn't prepare for that sudden break-up. He hurt me a lot. My feelings right now ranges from depressed to numb and then anger.

Why would a man leave like that for no reason? The only thing that comes in my mind is he was involve with another woman way before he broke up and all this while pretended to still love me.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtingnconfused View Post
Apart from few arguments every now and then like normal couples have, everything was going ok. I wasn't prepare for that sudden break-up. He hurt me a lot. My feelings right now ranges from depressed to numb and then anger.

Why would a man leave like that for no reason? The only thing that comes in my mind is he was involve with another woman way before he broke up and all this while pretended to still love me.

Probably wasn't as happy as you were.

He most likely didn't cheat, just wanted someone new.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you were treated in such a manner, keeping your head held high and taking the high road is the absolute best thing you can do.
Honestly you don't even treat a friend nor servant that way. I wish I knew this was going to happen in advance so I would have avoided wasting my time with someone very inconsiderate and mean.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,055 times
We have plenty of time to figure this out.
Meanwhile, LEAVE HIM ALONE!
I say this for your own good. I believe you can get back together with him if that is what you wish. You have 3 years together there is love. But you are killing it by not leaving him alone. So do it for yourself.
Is there a reason you go to cheating as the issue you think broke you up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships