Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 02:17 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times

Advertisements

The predicament:

So I went to stay with a friend for an extended weekend and I met his new lover. The new boyfriend seems nice enough, kind of shy, much too young amd a general cutie. Anywho my friend who has a STD has yet to tell the new guy but he confesed to me that they are having unprotected sex.

I of course immediately chastised him for this and told him to tell this 19yo guy that je claims to love that he is infected and now the young pup might be too. I was so upset about it I almost told the kid myself.

Now I'm back home and just dont know if I did enough.
Sure we are all responible for our own actions and both my friend and his bf should insist on condoms. But I feel strongly for this young kid who is in his first relationship first bf first love first time shacking up with someone. He is trusting completely and his trust is being abused.
I feel lik punching my friend in the face.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
poor stupid guy he's gonna learn quickly when he's peeing in pain; serves him right.

And your friend......nvm

Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
You could certainly bring it up to your friend. She knowingly has a condition that will affect another and is not only hiding it but putting him at risk. An ugly situation awaits sooner or later when he finds out.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Tough position to be in. I would certainly question why I'm friensd with the dude who is having unprotected sex knowing full well he has a STD. Not the type of person I would want to hang around with.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Let this be a lesson to the naive posters here who said they refuse condoms because they trust the people they sleep with. Laughable.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's your place to interfere unless it's a deadly consequence (HIV).

Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it's your place to interfere unless it's a deadly consequence (HIV).
That's the thing, IT IS. If it was something non-chronic I would still advise him to come clean but at least their wouldn't be premanent damage, but this is something that could mess up the kid... for life.

Sigh, and I do question why I'm friends with him... now more than ever.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Good for you for standing up to evil instead of buying into this pansy-ass "It is none of my business" garbage.

No. He is not worthy of your friendship.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:36 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
That's the thing, IT IS. If it was something non-chronic I would still advise him to come clean but at least their wouldn't be premanent damage, but this is something that could mess up the kid... for life.

Sigh, and I do question why I'm friends with him... now more than ever.
Then you're morally obligated to tell. Can you imagine carrying that around for the rest of your life?

BTW, your friend can be prosecuted for knowingly spreading HIV (if I am to understand that's what he has).

Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
The predicament:

So I went to stay with a friend for an extended weekend and I met his new lover. The new boyfriend seems nice enough, kind of shy, much too young amd a general cutie. Anywho my friend who has a STD has yet to tell the new guy but he confesed to me that they are having unprotected sex.

I of course immediately chastised him for this and told him to tell this 19yo guy that je claims to love that he is infected and now the young pup might be too. I was so upset about it I almost told the kid myself.

Sure we are all responible for our own actions and both my friend and his bf should insist on condoms. But I feel strongly for this young kid who is in his first relationship first bf first love first time shacking up with someone. He is trusting completely and his trust is being abused.

Thoughts?

If it were me, I'd have to let this friend go.

He just doesn't have the kind of character and ethics of someone I want in my personal life.

I'd also tell him why I'm ending the friendship.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
The predicament:

Thoughts?
I think you need to be a little more selective about who you call "friend."

Someone who knowingly infects someone with an STD is a worthless peice of human trash who deserves no loyalty from anyone. What he deserves is to be dragged into an alley and have his knees and elbows shattered by baseball bats. Then his face.

If he is willing to infect this young guy, he is willing to infect others. If the others he infects are unaware they've been infected, they will infect others in turn. Potentially, scores, if not hundreds, of people could be hurt by this. TELL THE GUY NOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships