Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResponsibilityMatters View Post
He really shouldn't be asking her to pay for rent. What kind of a CHEAP FAILURE OF A MAN IS THIS!!!!! Doesn't he care about women?

She's giving him sex, doesn't that count for something? If he were to ask a prostitute for sex, he would be down about $250 each time. If you work up the cost-analysis for his, and compute the amount of times she is having sex with him, he really SAVES money compared to if he were to buy a prostitute for each of this time. She may not be contributing any money for rent, but she isn't CHARGING him either, which is actually a net GAIN from the negative value of a prostitute.

It's a WIN WIN for the VP of the BANK who paid for his OWN home. I don't see what the problem is!!!
What if he got a different girlfriend who simply had sex with him for free? You know, like the other tens of thousands of dating people out there do. The man's options aren't just 1) support girlfriend for free and 2) resort to prostitutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePwnage View Post
I guess I have to repeat this again:

Being a SAHM is a dream life, which is precisely why rich men are chosen if they are able to. If it wasn't, they would be working in JOBS.
Repeating it does not make it sound any less stupid than it did the first time.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,549,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Uh....what? You talk about "caring about women", and then basically say she provides sex in turn for room and board?

Sounds like a prostitute to me.
happens all the time. some ppl call it marriage.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:13 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,170,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
+1.

Not to mention some of these middle class and lower-middle class that families cannot afford childcare even with both parents working, so it makes more sense for one parent to stay home and live on practical means. Not every SAHM is like the Real Housewives you see on TV.
yep after childcare costs, transportation costs, taxes, the time value of running errands etc, higher food and household costs without someone there to handle things, often it makes sense economically to have one partner stay at home when there are children involved. i'm sure the dude who wrote all that is like 19 though and has never maintained a home or had a real job so i wouldn't get all offended over it. i dont even have kids but i own a home and live with my bf- we both work full time and between work, cleaning/cooking, maintaining the home, and other errands that inevitably come up we hardly have any free time as it is. if in 5-10 years one of us makes enough money for a family to live off and we're thinking of having kids it makes perfect sense to have the other stay home and handle everything else. it saves time and money for everyone

Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,216,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
+1.

Not to mention some of these middle class and lower-middle class that families cannot afford childcare even with both parents working, so it makes more sense for one parent to stay home and live on practical means. Not every SAHM is like the Real Housewives you see on TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
yep after childcare costs, transportation costs, taxes, the time value of running errands etc, higher food and household costs without someone there to handle things, often it makes sense economically to have one partner stay at home when there are children involved.
Aye. My niece stays home for this very reason. She and her husband have three small children, including an infant (who was a delightful surprise). She is a kindergarten teacher, and although she worked when they had only one child, after childcare, she brought home a whopping $200 a week. Now with three kids? Forget it. They'd be running in the red. They moved to another state, and even though her husband makes more money now, she would have to get a new certification, and their house needs some work--which someone needs to be home to supervise. It would not make any kind of financial sense for her to go back to work until all the kids are in school all day, themselves.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
happens all the time. some ppl call it marriage.
Most people don't, these days, unless it's a trophy wife / rich guy kind of set up, which isn't much different from prostitution.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,302,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
How do you think the BF should handle a situation like this?

Mod cut.
If he wants rent (I can see how that were turn off any budding romance) and you agree to pay it, just make sure you don't give him ANYTHING for free..he'd be more like a room mate I think.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,302,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I would say its fair to charge. Even husband and wife both work pitch in to pay bills. Why should the GF get to sponge off a BF for free. Screw that. If I had a GF and she lived with me yeah I would expect her to pay 1/2 the rent and expenses. I don't see how this is even a issue.
And if that girlfriend was living with you, would you expect her to do dishes?..vacuum?...cook?..hope not.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What if he got a different girlfriend who simply had sex with him for free? You know, like the other tens of thousands of dating people out there do. The man's options aren't just 1) support girlfriend for free and 2) resort to prostitutes.
More like hundreds of milions, but yes.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,029,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
How do you think the BF should handle a situation like this?

Mod cut.
The boyfriend already owns the home. His costs aren't really going to change much. Just being cheap. I wouldn't accept that "offer".

Girlfriend and I have talked about moving in together, she financially couldn't afford paying her "rent" but I never expected anything from her. My costs are pretty fixed, aside from maybe a little more electricity and water which is negligible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships