Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom's Hot Shot View Post
If you never found her attractive you would never get this far.

Do you walk up to someone you aren't attracted to and strike up a conversation?

Most likely not, too busy watching the tight butt and hot stuff go by.
I think we're reading / interpreting this OP's question differently. Let's bridge the disconnect. The Op posits that turning down a woman is ALWAYS because of physical appearance. I concede a certain threshold of physical appearance will certainly be a factor in his decision (and highly weighted) to turn down a woman's overtures just not the only one , and proceeded to list the other possible reasons.

I'm reading this as: woman approaches man. She walks up to man or (maybe by happen stance) is in close proximity in crowded environment. Say she sidled up to him at convention/ networking social type event with intent to get to know him for any of myriad of possible reasons.

Most men will not openly disdain / dislike / reject a woman for approaching them. For most men it is ego building and there's a certain level of curiosity as to the woman's intent / interest in the woman approach man situation. I will concede the woman's visual appearance will quickly be assessed no matter the environment, but it doesn't always preclude someone unless they are significantly off the individuals threshold of attractiveness. This can be influenced by variety of things age, desperation (psychological disrepair), relative level of self perceived attractiveness of the man, etc...

Talking takes one beyond the baseline visual interest in a confined visual exposure environment, so her behavior, and a variety of other factors including the man himself (poor self image, psychologically hindered etc...) could readily 'turn down' an attractive woman who approached him through any variety of false (psycho) or real (something else physically like voice, body language, speech mannerisms) perceptions, or simply, where that individual person is in their life situation.

Does this make more sense now?

And yes, indeed, my 'hardwiring' will still be 'appreciating' the nicest kinesthetic beauty within visual range depending on the environment and appropriateness of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 11:01 PM

24 posts, read 22,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I think we're reading / interpreting this OP's question differently. Let's bridge the disconnect. The Op posits that turning down a woman is ALWAYS because of physical appearance. I concede a certain threshold of physical appearance will certainly be a factor in his decision (and highly weighted) to turn down a woman's overtures just not the only one , and proceeded to list the other possible reasons.

I'm reading this as: woman approaches man. She walks up to man or (maybe by happen stance) is in close proximity in crowded environment. Say she sidled up to him at convention/ networking social type event with intent to get to know him for any of myriad of possible reasons.

Most men will not openly disdain / dislike / reject a woman for approaching them. For most men it is ego building and there's a certain level of curiosity as to the woman's intent / interest in the woman approach man situation. I will concede the woman's visual appearance will quickly be assessed no matter the environment, but it doesn't always preclude someone unless they are significantly off the individuals threshold of attractiveness. This can be influenced by variety of things age, desperation (psychological disrepair), relative level of self perceived attractiveness of the man, etc...

Talking takes one beyond the baseline visual interest in a confined visual exposure environment, so her behavior, and a variety of other factors including the man himself (poor self image, psychologically hindered etc...) could readily 'turn down' an attractive woman who approached him through any variety of false (psycho) or real (something else physically like voice, body language, speech mannerisms) perceptions, or simply, where that individual person is in their life situation.

Does this make more sense now?

And yes, indeed, my 'hardwiring' will still be 'appreciating' the nicest kinesthetic beauty within visual range depending on the environment and appropriateness of the situation.
You lost me...I'll talk to the 80 year old lady but I sure don't find her attractive or want to get with her or anything. Same with the 300 pounder. Sure she might be nice but don't rub my arm....

Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker Ten View Post
If a guy rejects a woman is it always because of her looks. So if he says, that it's because he barely knows her and doesn't her personality, then he is not telling the truth?
No.

[he many genuinely not like her]

Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 AM

570 posts, read 721,452 times
Not always, but sometimes.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:05 AM

416 posts, read 871,547 times
No. I generally don't take appearance as a factor.

The girls I've turned down were primarily due to incompatible personalities, or they felt something for me and I just didn't feel something for them...

... and then there are the few girls who are just simply crazy. I don't care how much I like getting laid - I dealt with one crazy chick in college, ignored all the signs, because I was young and horny, and I will NEVER do that again.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:46 AM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times
Never was a grayer question asked...

Sexual interests:

Whatever mood I was in usually dictated what I did. Mostly as a younger man. As I aged, pursuing a woman solely for a single serving girl, became too much effort for the reward, so I stopped.

Romantic pursuits:

Why do I turn women down? I am blunt with enamored girls, so any woman that knows my shortcomings is automatically disqualified as somebody I'd be willing to date. Few if any woman make it past that. Hence, I largely do not date. It's pointless. In 30 years of adult dating experience, most wash out because they're unintelligent, uninteresting, and brainwashed by pop culture, Americana, as well as bread and circuses, yet I've still managed to date an embarrassingly large number of women.

I do not mind forward women. A woman who knows what she wants is both refreshing and attractive versus the "I don't know, what are you getting? I don't know, what do you like? I don't know what do you want to do?" I am almost always asked out or pursued by the woman. Trust me, it's noting to brag about. We're talking about women here, so it includes all of them.

I tend to be a freak magnet, which really doesn't need any explanation.

A woman's personality, witty spontaneous banter, like mindedness, and common interests became significantly more important than when I was younger. However, even in my late teens through my thirties, stunning personality, sense of humor, and her ability to understand what I was talking about as well as finishing my sentences could make a frumpy waif look voluptuous or a plumper look quite thin.

I've always had the ability to look at a woman and tell whether or not she'd be interesting just based on how she carried and conducted herself as well as her attire, shoes, and handbag or lack thereof. Within two minutes of conversation, I can tell if we will get along. I have very different views about life in America than most people, so a large portion of both men and women will find it difficult to be interested in what I am. Since I'm not into trying to change people, I leave her go find somebody better suited to her needs.

So in closing, I have no clue why other men turn women down. For me, it's always because of my challenging financial situation, beliefs, and interests clashing with the woman's who's interested in me. Furthermore, I turn away any woman that I'm obviously wrong for because I do not enjoy causing pain to another person over an extended and mismatched relationship.

Cheers,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 10-11-2013 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
indications of crazyness

lower body is horrible

Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 AM

117 posts, read 142,129 times
Not always.

'Men' and 'women' are not a hive mind (though it´s easy to think they are, since it´s always been comfortable for society to put people in boxes and a label on them)

Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 AM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,476 times
The prettiest woman I know used to have men run from her like their hair was on fire. They usually picked up on "the crazy" fast! She's materialistic, arrogant, snobby and abrasive. Unfortunately, she's a friend of the family.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker Ten View Post
If a guy rejects a woman is it always because of her looks. So if he says, that it's because he barely knows her and doesn't her personality, then he is not telling the truth?
Typically, but not always the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships