Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Alpha are the leaders of a pack of wild animals and I generally refrain from referring to humans as "alpha".
Game is baseball, basketball, football, tennis, soccer, hockey, jacks, hopscotch, etc (the list goes on) but game is NOT or should NOT be part of one's vocabulary when speaking about relationships of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Alpha are the leaders of a pack of wild animals and I generally refrain from referring to humans as "alpha".
Game is baseball, basketball, football, tennis, soccer, hockey, jacks, hopscotch, etc (the list goes on) but game is NOT or should NOT be part of one's vocabulary when speaking about relationships of any kind.
LOL, good one.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,795 times
Quote:
Before I ever read anything in regards to the manosphere, I remember people saying that guys that were good with women had "game." Well over a decade ago. Get over it.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Love it.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM
LW4

124 posts, read 156,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Alpha annoys the F out of me. Not because I don't subscribe to the theory of alpha, beta, and omega to describe a man's place in the sexual market, but because outside of circles that actually understand the terms, its taken on a jersey shore esk stigma.

You see it all the time. I just saw a guy whining that this "alpha" male was being loud and obnoxious and hitting on the bartender all night. He went on to describe a juice head with a j shore haircut. This is the cartoon character that immediately comes to mind for most when people use the term alpha to describe a guy a particular situation.

I see it differently. While that guy may technically be an A type "alpha" personality, he's also a loud douchy cartoon character.

I see alpha and game as synonymous. And not the silly PUA "hit on everything that moves and lower her self esteem" misconceptions that are thrown around CD. "Alpha" and game are nothing more than building "inner game" aka true self confidence. It's about not melting into a love sick puppy dog in the presence of beautiful women. It's about not caring too much about any single one relationship (dont twist this into not being a loving partner) because you know that there are other options easily attainable which allows you to project a more aloof less clingy / needy attitude. Do you need to be able to be smooth when meeting new women to be alpha? Yes. Do you need to be a loud, obnoxious, spray tanned juicer douche to be alpha? No. Do you need to use women and treat them bad to be alpha or subscribe to game ideals? Absolutely not.
Here's a little hint........Being "alpha" has nothing to do with women FYI.

It's just weasel who is a "smooth operator" calls himself when he doubts himself and his manhood.

Man so called "alphas" by this definition are far from it.

Punch one in the face once and watch him run off or ball up in the fetus position.

See who bails out of their own vehicle to rescue save someone else.

See who constantly works his freaking ass off with little or no recognition and or fortune/compensation.

Maybe the football captain thinks he an alpha male and has a way with the girls.

WHY does he **** when I come around though? Get it??

Nah, you probably don't.

Cue the ladies man "alpha male" attacks now please.....

Old 10-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW4 View Post
Here's a little hint........Being "alpha" has nothing to do with women FYI.

It's just weasel who is a "smooth operator" calls himself when he doubts himself and his manhood.

Man so called "alphas" by this definition are far from it.

Punch one in the face once and watch him run off or ball up in the fetus position.

See who bails out of their own vehicle to rescue save someone else.

See who constantly works his freaking ass off with little or no recognition and or fortune/compensation.

Maybe the football captain thinks he an alpha male and has a way with the girls.

WHY does he **** when I come around though? Get it??

Nah, you probably don't.

Cue the ladies man "alpha male" attacks now please.....
Are you attacking me here? I'm confused. Why are you so upset?

In the essence I am referring to it, it does have to do with women and the sexual market place. In the rest of life, no there are many other factors that go along with being "alpha." And in reality, it's a poor term to describe oneself because you get these types of reactions displayed by people like you.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 PM
LW4

Quote:
Are you attacking me here? I'm confused. Why are you so upset?
LOL @ you thinking I'm upset.

I'm not even breathing hard here buddy. LOL

Put it this way...."part" of being an alpha male is assuming risks and taking chances. Risks and chances other males cannot muster up the courage to do or get accomplished. They turn to you for "this".

You step in giving little thought or concern for your own safety or well being. It's a far cry from "white knight syndrome". Their's is usually some piddly task often cooked up in an attempt to look good for the clueless. I'll even go so far as to say some are even staged.

Not an alpha male.......

A true alpha male is kinda "crazy".....crazy in a good way though.

He'll be the one to react when everyone else freezes up.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
LOL @ you thinking I'm upset.

I'm not even breathing hard here buddy. LOL

Put it this way...."part" of being an alpha male is assuming risks and taking chances. Risks and chances other males cannot muster up the courage to do or get accomplished. They turn to you for "this".

You step in giving little thought or concern for your own safety or well being. It's a far cry from "white knight syndrome". Their's is usually some piddly task often cooked up in an attempt to look good for the clueless. I'll even go so far as to say some are even staged.

Not an alpha male.......

A true alpha male is kinda "crazy".....crazy in a good way though.

He'll be the one to react when everyone else freezes up.
Ok. I probably agree with most of that.

White knight doesn't apply here, unless you're the type of guy that would step in at the bar if a girl was yelling at her boyfriend and threaten him.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
LW4

Quote:
Ok. I probably agree with most of that.

White knight doesn't apply here, unless you're the type of guy that would step in at the bar if a girl was yelling at her boyfriend and threaten him.
Another trait of alpha males is their "intimidation factor". Do people back up when you get p*ssed? Is your evil/angry side scary? Is your soul a powerful one that people examine the odds and never go it alone when confronting you? Never take you one on one. They feel that threatened by it and your presence.

If so, you are showing 'alpha traits'.

This BS about a white collar man and his money status is a common mistake women make.

Who's the guy he is scared of....??? That'd be your ALPHA male.

Women always get it wrong so it seems.

Men never do...they/we know who owns the balls big enough to be hauled in a dump truck.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Another trait of alpha males is their "intimidation factor". Do people back up when you get p*ssed? Is your evil/angry side scary? Is your soul a powerful one that people examine the odds and never go it alone when confronting you? Never take you one on one. They feel that threatened by it and your presence.

If so, you are showing 'alpha traits'.

This BS about a white collar man and his money status is a common mistake women make.

Who's the guy he is scared of....??? That'd be your ALPHA male.

Women always get it wrong so it seems.

Men never do...they/we know who owns the balls big enough to be hauled in a dump truck.
I hate to break it to you, but unless society breaks down, being an intimidating presence that scares other men physically will only get you so far. The CEO of a large corp? Guy could be 5'5" but he is the alpha male and it will carry to many other aspects of his life. Sit down in a meeting with him and try and intimidate him and watch how quickly you get emasculated.

You seem to think the only definition of alpha is some juiced up meat head firefighter type. That is one definition, not the only
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships