Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 06:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
This happened last week: I was having lunch at a restaurant. After paying, and on the exit corridor, there were a group of young women. Cute, but nothing unusual. But when I noticed the last of them, she looked at me... we locked eyes so intensely that both of us made a big smile!

I felt this so deep inside. The warmth... It was only 2 or 3 seconds but I felt so happy that I have been thinking about that moment for days. I never thought possible that such a short "interaction" could impact me so much! Yet here I am, writing about a perfect stranger I don't even know. I have been floored to realize the influence we can have in other people even for a second.

Now I feel as if I have lost a great opportunity to meet, maybe, a soulmate. And I would have spoken to her, but unfortunately I was there with my bosses and it was really a bad moment to do that

Has anyone here had a similar experience with a complete stranger?
I need to know your stories...
Oooooohhh I love when this happens!!!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often to me but when it does, it's great.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 PM

570 posts, read 721,314 times
Yeah, I've had random women smile at me, and me doing my best attempt at a smile back. I don't think much of it, though, just them being friendly.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:14 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Oh you guys can be such cynics. I'm betting the OP knows the difference between a friendly smile and the eyelock. Yes I've had it happen a couple of times in my life and the first time it happened I chickened out and lost a major opportunity but have never forgotten it.

The second time it happened I was in Ireland with my husband and kids and we were in one of those pottery shops where they make their own handmade wares. We bought a couple of things and were leaving and the owner just stood there and stared at me and I couldn't tear my eyes away. I don't even remember what he looked like, but yes, it felt like a soul connection. Well obviously I wasn't going to follow up on that one and I did wonder if my husband noticed anything but he never said if he did. When my marriage broke up about 6 years later, I quite briefly considered going to Ireland and following up on that but it seemed the height of craziness and while I did end up going there this summer I did not try to find the pottery shop.

So, the point is, these things are rare--it's happened to me exactly twice in my 54 years and I suspect most never have it happen at all.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:18 AM

458 posts, read 644,831 times
This feeling you get only comes with attraction.
If both of you had the same type of reaction through proximity, then there definitely is some chemistry involved.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:31 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Oh you guys can be such cynics. I'm betting the OP knows the difference between a friendly smile and the eyelock. Yes I've had it happen a couple of times in my life and the first time it happened I chickened out and lost a major opportunity but have never forgotten it.

The second time it happened I was in Ireland with my husband and kids and we were in one of those pottery shops where they make their own handmade wares. We bought a couple of things and were leaving and the owner just stood there and stared at me and I couldn't tear my eyes away. I don't even remember what he looked like, but yes, it felt like a soul connection. Well obviously I wasn't going to follow up on that one and I did wonder if my husband noticed anything but he never said if he did. When my marriage broke up about 6 years later, I quite briefly considered going to Ireland and following up on that but it seemed the height of craziness and while I did end up going there this summer I did not try to find the pottery shop.

So, the point is, these things are rare--it's happened to me exactly twice in my 54 years and I suspect most never have it happen at all.
You made me remember a very awkward moment. Its mid 90's, my job requires attending a variety of marketing type events, one of which includes the Buffalo Bills training camp site. I'm doing my thing - being affable and telling the passers by about the products - and a woman who approaches that I begin engaging in conversation locks eyes with me and says, "you have the most beautiful eyes" (in a very sincerely engrossed way ) - seeing her husband just a few feet away and the expression on his face, I simply said, 'thank you' and continued my schpiel. *awkward* moment to say the least, felt sorry for the husband and wondered if the incident was brought up later that evening.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM

543 posts, read 534,102 times
I can remember this one time...oh yeah. It's never happened before.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM

37 posts, read 59,630 times
I went to congratulate this guy on his marriage once, but before I could speak he wiped the smile off my face by staring intensely and almost with a frown directly in my face. Like he even leaned closer to me and we definitely locked eyes, and I realized he had speckled hazelly eyes when I always thought they were brown. Then at his wedding, I shook his hand (brushing the incident off as I imagined it even though I knew I didn't bcuz I knew what color his eyes really were, I got a damn good look at them) and he squeezed my hand saying "good luck."

?????

Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 PM

37 posts, read 59,630 times
Also. I get stared at by ppl of all ages and genders. I noticed it. I don't find myself attractive, I'm another plain native. But ppl will stare at me, eye contact, so I've learned to just smile at them. I like genuinely smiling at them, too, and sometimes I laugh.
I wonder what they see, bcuz it happens a lot, and I wonder if this is just actually normal.

A funny thought. I was on the bus once, spacing out, and suddenly just knew I was stared at. And it turned out to be this 9 or 10 year old girl who was turned around in her seat, just looking at me wide-eyed. Of course she got freaked out and turned around quickly before I could smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships