Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 AM

8 posts, read 7,382 times

Advertisements

I was with a man for a year and live with him for 10 months.. Over the course of this time I found out that most everything about him is a lot of half truths,which in my opinion are complete lies.. It is truly unfortunate but my feelings for him are genuine. For the last year I have cooked for him, cleaned for him, taken care of him, had sex with him almost every night, taken care of his dogs (one of which we adopted together), baked for him a couple of times every week, professionally organized his garage and home office, personally done his landscaping, done the post renovation or move and move out clean up for 12 different properties, and took care of his house and dogs when he went to stay with parents a few times for a couple of weeks each time..as well as I gave him all of the proceeds that were above and beyond my loan when I sold my SUV, and I pitched in for the groceries. all in exchange for living with him and having him help me back on my feet. During this time I was also in Florida and searching for a job. I was on Craigslist CareerBuilder and many many others as well as filling out applications in person..On this note he told me he would give me a year to find work I had a lot of stuff going on and he knew it... So until I could find a job I was taking extra special care of him and his things. About a month short of the year he started being extremely mean and treating me really badly even though I had managed his home life and loved him completely for a year, had sex with him almost nightly and was trying so very hard to find a job, he does not see any value in the things I have done for him. After emotionally beating me and mentally beating me,,, he finally laid hands on me and literally pushed me out of his house Perhaps this is due to his upbringing he is Icelandic and the son of the doctor and a nurse who rule his life, his only. real friend is his brother (and sometimes his cousin when he comes into town). So ...just short of the one year I was promised he threw me out and cobtends that I 'owe' him money. I have now gotten two jobs and I'm working very hard at both of them. I feel blindsided by this whole thing. So now I must ask: if a woman is diligently searching for a job and is taking care of everything in the house and outside the house as well astaking care of her man.. Can you see Value in this?

Last edited by youllneverguess; 10-11-2013 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 04:15 AM

Please forgive the grammar and horrible typing typing

Old 10-11-2013, 05:50 AM

i do intend to pay him back some money because I do see value in him abd in his efforts.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 AM

I forgot to mention that in all of this he also broke my phone and I had to pay to replace it

Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
The only value I see is as a learning experience.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
This is what happens when people jump into intimate relationships based on money rather than love and trust. You used him, he used you, what did you expect? Happily ever after?

You seem very naive.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Like others suggested, you both used each other. Take it as a learning experience, and move on with your life.
This relationship will never work out.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
So if I am doing the math right, you moved in with him after only two months of dating?

That's why you were "blindsided".

Old 10-11-2013, 06:55 AM

I moved in with him after 2 months of dating him and five months of knowing him .. I never used him I'm still in love with him and I intend on paying him at least some of what he. ' thinks " I owe him.. What I'm asking as is there value in the amount of work that one puts into a household and a relationship

Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youllneverguess View Post
I moved ib eith hin after 2 months of dating him and five months of knowing him .. I never used him I'm still in love with him and I intend on paying him at least some of what he. ' thinks " I owe him.. What I'm asking as is there value in the amount of work that one puts into a household and a relationship
Only the partners in the relationship can determine that.

He obviously does not think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships