Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that women list things they are interested in but after getting into conversation ,the don't really know any thing about the interest they listed.
If you meet and try to nail down exactly what there interest are, their profile was sham.
So I see honesty as a big issue .
I don't read guy's profiles, but I know that my own is honest.
I have pretty much given up on the whole thing , because my only interest is purely friendship ,no horsing round no romance .
Those things tend to compromise honesty.
IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
I'm 23 and I decided to create a profile on OKC. Short story short I decided to scout my competition and it was pretty encouraging. I feel like 70% these guys have no clue; staring angrily into the camera, way too much eye contact in general, dumb hats, taking selflies in the mirror, playing the nice guy card, using "lol", playing the "i'm new to online dating" card, being a sissy about writing a summary; "Well I don't normally talk about myself but here it goes"... It's a train wreck.

am I wrong?

Women who have used online dating, has this been your experience? Do most of the guys you receive messages from give off a 'clueless' vibe?
Personally, at first I wrote a profile honestly describing myself on PlentyofFish.com that's when I started listening to other people's horrible advice and "hide" things about myself, even after I left PlentyofFish.com because they were basically telling me to create a completely fake profile.~

I was still mistakingly doing this after I found out about OkCupid.com and signed up then creating my profile.~

Then at some point I said, "NO! NO MORE "HIDING" NO MORE LYING!~" and rewrote my entire profile being completely honest as I knew about myself at the time.~

As time went on, I learned more and more about myself finding the words to describe myself accurately and my profile grew and grew and changed and changed and over 1 year later here I am!~ ^_^

Old 10-15-2013, 10:43 PM

231 posts, read 294,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Personally, at first I wrote a profile honestly describing myself on PlentyofFish.com that's when I started listening to other people's horrible advice and "hide" things about myself, even after I left PlentyofFish.com because they were basically telling me to create a completely fake profile.~

I was still mistakingly doing this after I found out about OkCupid.com and signed up then creating my profile.~

Then at some point I said, "NO! NO MORE "HIDING" NO MORE LYING!~" and rewrote my entire profile being completely honest as I knew about myself at the time.~

As time went on, I learned more and more about myself finding the words to describe myself accurately and my profile grew and grew and changed and changed and over 1 year later here I am!~ ^_^
Yeah, lying is a bad idea if you actually have intentions of meeting people.

social networking is a learning process. I remember when I first got on Facebook I would make the dumbest comments, now I never touch facebook unless I have something intelligent to say. On OKC I originally had a picture of me with a girl for social proof. But ultimately i decided to take it down. I feel like people posing with friends or the opposite sex are trying to prove something. Confident people stand alone.

and from reading articles I've taken away a couple of key points; don't smile in all your pictures if you're a guy & don't look into the camera.

So far it's working. I'm 4/4 on responses that I've initiated & I've even had 2 attractive girls message me. I've only been able to get one number...but I turned that number into a date. Not too bad for less than a week.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 AM

628 posts, read 1,389,731 times
Quote:
Yeah, lying is a bad idea if you actually have intentions of meeting people.

social networking is a learning process. I remember when I first got on Facebook I would make the dumbest comments, now I never touch facebook unless I have something intelligent to say. On OKC I originally had a picture of me with a girl for social proof. But ultimately i decided to take it down. I feel like people posing with friends or the opposite sex are trying to prove something. Confident people stand alone.

and from reading articles I've taken away a couple of key points; don't smile in all your pictures if you're a guy & don't look into the camera.

So far it's working. I'm 4/4 on responses that I've initiated & I've even had 2 attractive girls message me. I've only been able to get one number...but I turned that number into a date. Not too bad for less than a week.
Do what is right FOR YOU, but don't mistake that "what is right for you" as applying to all of us.~

Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 AM

37 posts, read 59,647 times
This one I met online never knew what I was talking about. He'd say "that's ok" all the freaking time, even if it made no sense, and that would be a conversation ender. But I'm sure in his own language he could have chattered away. Maybe I was the one who made no sense.....

Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,659 times
Quote:
I'm 23 and I decided to create a profile on OKC. Short story short I decided to scout my competition and it was pretty encouraging. I feel like 70% these guys have no clue; staring angrily into the camera, way too much eye contact in general, dumb hats, taking selflies in the mirror, playing the nice guy card, using "lol", playing the "i'm new to online dating" card, being a sissy about writing a summary; "Well I don't normally talk about myself but here it goes"... It's a train wreck.

am I wrong?

Women who have used online dating, has this been your experience? Do most of the guys you receive messages from give off a 'clueless' vibe?
It's nothing to do with intelligence. Most men are emotionally insecure, and hide it with posturing. Why are they emotionally insecure? Because their parents don't show feelings, and they dunno how to show feelings. In terms of emotional wellness, most women are actually healthier than men by a long shot.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
I realize that looks are always #1, but you still have to check and make sure your not about to dive into a psycho.

Even if I find a girl extremely attractive, i'll still scan her writing for deal breakers. I'd be shocked if 95% of women didn't do the same. Nonsense, i'd have to agree.

I wouldn't trust a hot girl on a dating site , dating sites are for people who cant get a date in the real world

no reason a hot girl would need to set up a profile

Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
it's difficult because its where average women go to get good looking guys above their league..

Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
it's difficult because its where average women go to get good looking guys above their league..
QFTMFT

Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
QFTMFT
What about you? You are extremely good looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships