Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:27 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Yes it is.

Everything in life is a competition but the two biggest by far are for 1) members of the opposite sex, 2) jobs that pay a lot of money.

That said, you don't have to play the game. Nobody is forcing you. Though it is hard not to.

Except that for women, it's not so much a competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 01:53 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Being nice is fine and dandy but doesn't get anything done and is at most a box any man should be able to check. Life isn't a beer commercial. You want something then fight for it, do the work, otherwise it goes to a fitter man who will do what you cannot or will not do. Men slay dragons, you are a man. You want a princess then pick up your sword and go forth. If you want to watch other men find their princess and complain about it then keep doing what your doing.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:27 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If you are unable to attract a woman, do you have no value as a mate?

Please tell me it ain't so. I know as a man I have to pursue, but if I am unable to find someone, am I inferior?

It's difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that bad boys, liars, abusers, and criminals all have intimate and romantic company wanting a relationship, but a person like me with no wish to harm has difficulty finding someone to date.

Previous and recent comments on this topic gave me the courage to ask about this topic.
There are a lot of dumb women who like 'bad boys', but there are a lot of smart women too who dislike being abused. They are out there, just keep looking. Numbers game.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If you are unable to attract a woman, do you have no value as a mate?

Please tell me it ain't so. I know as a man I have to pursue, but if I am unable to find someone, am I inferior?

It's difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that bad boys, liars, abusers, and criminals all have intimate and romantic company wanting a relationship, but a person like me with no wish to harm has difficulty finding someone to date.
First off - THAT is an absurdly incorrect statement.

Second, it IS a fact that most gals do NOT find insecure, delicate, desperate, depressed guys to be appealing. And that is exactly how you come off here.

I almost think you need to talk to a therapist. Someone needs to get you out of this self-defeating attitude.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:47 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Assuming you have no value as a mate because you are not in a relationsuhip is not a correct assumption.

Don't devalue yourself. I think you may have a very high value as a mate, because you sound like you would be very sincere, caring, hard working, and loyal in a relationship.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Depends, do you place your self value on whether or not you can attract women?

If so, I say you should probably stop and work on your self esteem before pursuing any kind of relationship.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Second, it IS a fact that most gals do NOT find insecure, delicate, desperate, depressed guys to be appealing. And that is exactly how you come off here.

I almost think you need to talk to a therapist. Someone needs to get you out of this self-defeating attitude.
Totally agreed. OP's views are very skewed, not sure why.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:52 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,185,697 times
The idea that men have to compete for women...

...is consistent with the behavior of other animals.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
most woman are a dime a dozen IMO . The only woman worth wild are worth competing for.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Great post. HK you need to re-read this. It's so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships