Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
I would say that the vast majority (meaning in the 75-85% range at least) care. So, not "everyone," but most everyone. I always run into women -- it's always women, by the way -- who say on the Internet that women don't lie about their sexual history. It's always "nobody I've ever met lies about their number." Who are you women trying to kid?
Idk, in my group of friends we all rag on each other (in front of each others SO) about "remember that one night" or "remember that chick/guy" etc. we all have a good laugh about it. Everyone equally gets a shot.

So idk what we could all be hiding. We've all known each other for a long time through many gf's/bf's/ONS/FWB etc and trying to pretend those times didn't happen...just isn't going to happen. If you're going to be in our group, you gotta be completely open and honest...otherwise somethings going to be drug up out of your closet eventually without you wanting it to.

So everyone is honest from the get-go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 08:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
I would say that the vast majority (meaning in the 75-85% range at least) care. So, not "everyone," but most everyone. I always run into women -- it's always women, by the way -- who say on the Internet that women don't lie about their sexual history. It's always "nobody I've ever met lies about their number." Who are you women trying to kid?
This Board is very PC

I don't know why they just don't cut the BS and keep it real for once

Old 10-17-2013, 08:39 AM

529 posts, read 702,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Idk, in my group of friends we all rag on each other (in front of each others SO) about "remember that one night" or "remember that chick/guy" etc. we all have a good laugh about it. Everyone equally gets a shot.
But that's not the same as being honest with your past. Who cares if you mentioned "that guy"? I doubt the people you were with thought you were a virgin before them. So the acknowledgement that there was someone else is not shocking. But it's also different from saying "there were 30 guys before you. Just wanted to let you know. Wanna kiss?" See, by "being completely open with my sexual past," you mean "I implied there were other people," not "I actually am completely open with my sexual past."

Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM

529 posts, read 702,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This Board is very PC

A lot of people feel it's their job to make sure men or women aren't looked down on because, by association, that would mean they were being looked down on.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think older women have higher expectations. When she's 23, your entry-level or part-time-while-you-go-to-school job is normal. When she's 33, she'll probably expect more from you. By 43, you've been in the workforce for a couple of decades, so a part-time or entry-level job probably doesn't cut it.

expectations are subjective, kind of like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. a young woman can be very pleased that a man can buy her simple gifts, pay for meals and drinks, help her out with bills. yet an older woman would call that a man "carrying his weight". is that a "higher expectation"? dunno, don' really care.

for me, the real interesting question is do men have higher expectations for women depending on a man's age? i think we do, and a man's age pretty much doesn't matter, almost all men expect women to never age past 29 and to maintain their physical appearance just that way too. and that, i think, is an unrealistic expectation, but it doesn't get much more real either.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
But that's not the same as being honest with your past. Who cares if you mentioned "that guy"? I doubt the people you were with thought you were a virgin before them. So the acknowledgement that there was someone else is not shocking. But it's also different from saying "there were 30 guys before you. Just wanted to let you know. Wanna kiss?" See, by "being completely open with my sexual past," you mean "I implied there were other people," not "I actually am completely open with my sexual past."
It was an example.

Everyone knows everyone's numbers. I can vouch for them because I know everyone my best friends have slept with.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This Board is very PC

I have no idea what my friends have told their SO's about their sexual history. I didn't lie but I met my husband when I was 25 and have had very few sexual partners. I can't imagine anyone except for someone extremely religious being put off by my number.

And whatever expectation I had in my early 20's - they all seem to have been met and even surpassed!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post

for me, the real interesting question is do men have higher expectations for women depending on a man's age? i think we do, and a man's age pretty much doesn't matter, almost all men expect women to never age past 29 and to maintain their physical appearance just that way too. and that, i think, is an unrealistic expectation, but it doesn't get much more real either.

I think I do, as a early 40s male. I know the battle with metabolism. I worked out little in my mid 20s, now I'm at the gym and/or running 6 days a week to keep the same weight. I just have to, and yes, I expect a certain amount of commitment to keeping in shape that I never had to think of in my 20s (as people had higher metabolisms).

Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It was an example.

Everyone knows everyone's numbers. I can vouch for them because I know everyone my best friends have slept with.
I know some of my friends' numbers but not all. However, I don't know if they have discussed their numbers with their SO's. In fact - I'd say that the the older they were when they met their SO's - the less likely it probably is to come up in the first place. I think people stop caring about that stuff as much the older that they get.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know some of my friends' numbers but not all. However, I don't know if they have discussed their numbers with their SO's. In fact - I'd say that the the older they were when they met their SO's - the less likely it probably is to come up in the first place. I think people stop caring about that stuff as much the older that they get.
Well most of my friends started dating their SO in their very early 20's. If they didn't tell them their number, someone else with a little alcohol in them will.

Idk why some one in their late 30's early 40's would even contemplate asking anyone about their number of sexual partners. I agree its a 20's fascination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships