Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 AM

3 posts, read 3,978 times

Advertisements

I've been getting together with a guy for two months now for weekend sex. We had so much great sex that I would really like to continue for as long as I possibly can. We're not exclusive and it does not look like we will go that way. Before meeting him, I was not sexually active for a long time so it makes me so happy that I was finally able to find someone extremely compatible in that department. Then, I met a woman with an incredible personality and a long-term potential. We went out on a date and really enjoyed each other's company. We have strong attraction as well but the thing is so new that I wouldn't know if we would be compatible. The bad thing is I'm already getting stressed out and feeling guilty, although I have not lied to either. Given my different motivations and my history with the guy, I know I will never be able to choose, period, until something happens and a choice is made for me. I don't want to lie or have sex with two people at the same time. So what do I do? The logical solution is to keep the second one as a friend and resume dating when the first one ends, but that also means I'm taking on the risk of losing her to someone else. I'm sincerely asking for advice so please do not be judgmental. I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it too. It's just that the timing cannot be any worse than this. Also, threesome is not a solution. Thanks.

Last edited by wooho0; 10-21-2013 at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
What do you think the women would do/think if she knew you had a friends with benefits relationship on the weekends? Personally if I was really attracted to the female I would hold on the weekend fling for awhile until I knew if this would work out with the woman or not.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
I find myself in a similar situation, only I'm a guy, and my two "potentials" are both ladies.

My solution is "honesty to all" above all else. In my case, I just made it a point to let both of them know EARLY on that I am not ready for a commitment, and that it is not safe to assume we are exclusive. Then we had open discussions, including backgrounds, dating philosophies, and even talked about "if you or I feel we need to be exclusive, we can have that discussion, but I'm not sure how it will play out".

Long way of saying: "Either date one at a time, or be honest and follow BrokenCrayola's (good) advice.

I think you'd be surprised at how it might go over, but that is of course assuming that you'd be OK with it.

FWIW, I do NOT think it's a good idea to date one until he ends, then the other. It basically means the first one is already predetermined to end. If that is 100% sure, then why bother. Move on to someone who at least has a chance....

Old 10-21-2013, 06:26 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
From my read, you are bisexual (I've been getting together with a guy... Then I met a woman). Make up your mind who is a better bet for a long-term partner and make a choice to stay with that person. You shouldn't compare apples to oranges. What is better for longer-term right now? Once you make that decision and are fully committed, you should continue on that route. It can only get sweeter. If the possibility DOESN'T work out, you are guaranteed nothing, but this doesn't mean you shouldn't try for lack of a guarantee. If an LTR is what you seek, this is the route to go. If you like to be plucked like a guitar, it sounds like you should be in the guy's hands.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Threesome?

Old 10-21-2013, 06:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooho0 View Post
I've been getting together with a guy for two months now for weekend sex. We had so much great sex that I would really like to continue for as long as I possibly can. We're not exclusive and it does not look like we will go that way. Before meeting him, I was not sexually active for a long time so it makes me so happy that I was finally able to find someone extremely compatible in that department. Then, I met a woman with an incredible personality and a long-term potential. We went out on a date and really enjoyed each other's company. We have strong attraction as well but the thing is so new that I wouldn't know if we would be compatible. The bad thing is I'm already getting stressed out and feeling guilty, although I have not lied to either. Given my different motivations and my history with the guy, I know I will never be able to choose, period, until something happens and a choice is made for me. I don't want to lie or have sex with two people at the same time. So what do I do? The logical solution is to keep the second one as a friend and resume dating when the first one ends, but that also means I'm taking on the risk of losing her to someone else. I'm sincerely asking for advice so please do not be judgmental. I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it too. It's just that the timing cannot be any worse than this. Also, threesome is not a solution. Thanks.
personally, as a guy, this wouldn't bother me a bit.

other men, i find threatening. other women, i do not.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
What do you think the women would do/think if she knew you had a friends with benefits relationship on the weekends? Personally if I was really attracted to the female I would hold on the weekend fling for awhile until I knew if this would work out with the woman or not.

I think you have provided the best advice. I think I won't be able to lie to a gentle soul about my weekend activities. Pretty soon, she will wonder why I'm never available on certain nights.

The truth is that for many years, I was looking for a relationship and couldn't find one. In the process, I didn't have sex with anyone and being someone who is naturally very sexual, I became very frustrated. One day I said to myself **** it I'm not gonna wait anymore. I got this guy's phone number, asked him out then BAM! there I was having the best sex in life - all that without love and a commitment. Ever since then, we've been hooking up regularly (this guy is great at what he does but is not a relationship material for sure.) I have to admit that walking away from this is not going to be easy. It sounds odd, but I feel so liberated and almost curious as to if I can pull this off with multiple people. So I guess the question is really - do I want a relationship?

Last edited by wooho0; 10-21-2013 at 08:52 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooho0 View Post
Also, threesome is not a solution. Thanks.
And why not?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Foursome?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Foursome?
Child's play..... go fivesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships