Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 02:11 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
Well I would never ask out a guy unless things are progressing in a natural way after about 3 months or so. Women get into trouble, especially these days, when they take over the lead role in a dating relationship by texting/calling a guy and offering themselves up without even knowing if the guy is even interested in them as evident by his ACTIONS. Most guys want to feel needed and not chased into a relationship by a girl. Only guys in my experience that want to be "asked out" in the initial stages of dating are insecure dudes, and they tend to make the worst boyfriends and lovers anyways. It's not 1950 anymore, but men and women are different in terms of how they fall in love. Most relationships that tend to be successful are generally when the man is more in love with the woman than vice versa.

I agree, FNP24;31992396. I like to know that the guy really likes me before I start suggesting dates unless he asks me what I want to do. The three month wait works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I've been seeing a guy for a couple of months, he always initiates the dates we've been on. Once he had asked to see me, but I was busy that night and asked if we get together the following night, which we did (so don't really think that constitutes me initiating). So the other day he made a comment in passing, how I never ask to see him, it's always him asking to see me (he said this in a joking manner). So question to the guys, if you were seeing a girl for a couple of months and she never initiated dates, would you think she's not that interested? The thing is I'm kinda traditional in that I think in the first couple of months the man should iniate the dates, I do intiate contact though.
I think he was hinting to you that you should ask him out. I think guys wouldn't mind at all to be asked out. This way he knows it's a two-way street that you want to see him, just as much as he wants to see you.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
I agree, FNP24;31992396. I like to know that the guy really likes me before I start suggesting dates unless he asks me what I want to do. The three month wait works for me.
haha

haha

ha...

ugh

Old 11-05-2013, 04:48 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
haha

haha

ha...

ugh
Awww it's not so bad? Lol

Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 AM

374 posts, read 393,443 times
Don't you hate it when the whole dating thing is "over thought", or is considered "playing games'?

I'm glad Im out of the dating world, it sounds like there are too many rules and protocols to follow.

If you want to ask him out, ask him out.

I met my wife around the time that we both had personally professed we were done playing games and were done looking for anything, and then bam, there she was.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I've been seeing a guy for a couple of months, he always initiates the dates we've been on. Once he had asked to see me, but I was busy that night and asked if we get together the following night, which we did (so don't really think that constitutes me initiating). So the other day he made a comment in passing, how I never ask to see him, it's always him asking to see me (he said this in a joking manner). So question to the guys, if you were seeing a girl for a couple of months and she never initiated dates, would you think she's not that interested? The thing is I'm kinda traditional in that I think in the first couple of months the man should iniate the dates, I do intiate contact though.
I think your initiating a date would send a nice signal his way, namely that he doesn't have to do all the work in the relationship. I knew MrsCPG was into me when she called after two dates to take a ride in her new convertible.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 852 times
So,ive been seeing this guy for five months.He calls everyday,but the last month,i always initiate the dates.Is he into me?why he is not asking me out?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:27 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly84 View Post
So,ive been seeing this guy for five months.He calls everyday,but the last month,i always initiate the dates.Is he into me?why he is not asking me out?
He would if he wanted to. Why don't you hold off on initiating dates and see if he steps up? If he doesn't, you will have your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships