Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:37 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times

Advertisements

It's very easy to have a private conversation when someone is cutting your hair unless the place is just very noisy. She is standing right by your head so you can talk discreetly. I would definitely wait until the next appointment and then invite her out to do something. I've done this before and it's actually a lot less pressure than when you are staring at each other. More likely you are staring ahead into the mirror while she is staring at your hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
Ive done this before.

A few years back I had an awesome girl always cutting my hair. Amazing arms (worked out obviously) perfect fake breasts, nicest, down to earth, and doesnt drink (I appreciate girls that can have morals like that and stick to it)

Anyways, we always had great conversations. Sometimes I would bring my dog and he would wait in the car. She would see him in the car and come out and see him.

One day she finally goes "well, the reason I've been coming out to see your dog is I was hoping you'd ask me out since we have a rule at work we can't give out our number inside so... I guess im asking you out instead"

Hung out a lot after that. Several years later we are still friends.

I'd ask her about plans some weekend and if she has none. Ask her to do something specific. Dont say "so you wanna hang out?" Try something specific "well there's a concert or festival etc. Saturday if you wanted to go?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
Which I understand, so should I do that when I see her next time in 3 weeks to get my hair cut or go in and do it this week?
Just stop in.

When she sees you will tell it all.

Big smile! or turn her head continuing to cut hair?

If she notices you smile and ask when her break is.

When you speak to her just tell her you want to go out with her. You may even get a business card to call her.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,539 times
I went down this path a few times. Over the past 6 months I've gone to the same stylist. She gives me the best haircuts I've ever had (my hair is extremely difficult to cut for anybody) and she is extremely pretty. Even though she only works at Supercuts, I won't go to anybody else there. I always tip her extremely well (35-40% each cut) because of how well she cuts my hair and how pleasant she is. All of the other stylists always look at me funny when I do this, but I don't care what they think about it honestly.
On top of her great haircuts, she is an absolute charm to talk to while in her chair. Every cut, she is extremely professional, charming, and treats me with the most respect I can hope for as her client. I replay her my respect by the nice tips. I have no doubt that she will make it big one day in cutting hair. I feel I can talk to her about anything, and she will never judge me. We've shared some pretty sensitive stories in 6 months alone. As you can see, client trusts and relationships take a long time to develop.
A couple of times I've thought about asking her out and thought better of it. While we are only a couple years apart in age (shes older than me), she has hinted to me that she has a boyfriend a couple times. Look for those clues. I didn't want to ask her out, because the last thing I would want to do is destroy that client trust. That is what's important, untimely you are her client. It is her job to make you look and feel happy. In my opinion though, some do it wayyy better than others (my stylist for example).
That being said, if I ever knew that she was single (and i mean 100%), I would probably ask her out on a date. But I would have to be absolutely certain, and the signals coming from her would have to be clear as day. My advice to you is make sure you do all your homework on her first (and I mean everything), keep coming back to her for haircuts(making sure she does what you want exactly) and tip her extremely well (duh). Maybe she will be interested then.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:43 AM

818 posts, read 917,040 times
What happened OP , you must have gotten shot down ??

Old 11-09-2015, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,182 times
I'm in the same boat man. Just start up a conversation at your next haircut and ask her out point blank. Just be personable and confident. Don’t be afraid. She might get hit on a lot but if she's hot most guys are probably too intimidated to go for it. Be nice, be funny, be yourself and go for it. She'll probably say yes. And if she doesn't, don't make a big deal out of it, you're money. Start with "hey I don't mean to be inappropriate but would you like to go out...." you leave yourself a solid out without losing face and you come off as a decent respectful guy and she just might ask you out later if she rejects your initial attempt. Just be positive and good things will happen. Good luck bro, hope it works out for you.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:01 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,440 times
oh my gosh is this what dating has come to? Just ask her out! You don't need a silly excuse of going to buy shampoo or needing a haircut.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
oh my gosh is this what dating has come to? Just ask her out! You don't need a silly excuse of going to buy shampoo or needing a haircut.
You say that LOL when I was 18, I was walking home every day from work and I caught a glimpse of this stunner in a sunbed place, and after a few days I popped in there and had to use the sunbed for weeks before I plucked up the courage to ask her out LOL.

A Finnish lady absolutely gorgeous she was and it worked out nicely in the end but it cost a small fortune using them sunbeds lmao!!!

Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
This thread is over two years old and the OP is not a member anymore....

Old 11-09-2015, 06:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
This thread is over two years old and the OP is not a member anymore....
Oh is it!!!!

Glad I bothered to post now 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships