Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 01:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
If I could get my brain to shut up that would be a good start to getting to sleep...but even ambient music doesn't help that...
No background noise, I don't understand how people do that. If there is music playing it will get louder through the night, the flickering of the TV bugs me. All daytime distractions are turned off. Even the cell phone is moved to another room.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:48 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It must be. LOL

Did you think of that one last night and write it on the mirror with lip liner?
No, it just popped in my head in the moment as most of them do.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:12 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmm hopefully its just melonoma. Can be taken off.

Why did a girl punch you?

And what's TMJ?
Yeah, its probably nothing but I had to get it checked out. Girl punched me because I was at a party and got with another girl and she had different expectations I guess. Pretty sure she messed up the alignment of my jaw and gave me this TMJ. Literally felt the awkward pain in my jaw the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Eek. I have TMJ disorder too, but naturally - my lower jaw is bigger than my upper jaw and that causes issues. A lot of people have TMJ problems but they resolve themselves. Mine acts up at times and probably always will but yours will probably fix itself naturally at some point.

That reminds me...I knew a guy in college who was at a club while studying abroad in Australia and some girl hit him in the ear with her elbow so hard (accidentally I think) that he ruptured his eardrum!
Did the TMJ get better? I am going for x-ray/mri soon and a catscan for my skull on Tuesday to find out more about what the hell is going on with my body.

I am going to have to be more careful when around women from now on!

Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
And what's TMJ?
TMJ is short for the temporomandibular joint in the jaw. It's also how people describe having TMJ disorders or dysfunction (they just say "I have TMJ" like hoopla did). Basically, TMJ disorders range from serious issues of pain in the jaw and restricted jaw movement, to just annoying clicking. I have minor pain sometimes and clicking but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Did the TMJ get better? I am going for x-ray/mri soon and a catscan for my skull on Tuesday to find out more about what the hell is going on with my body.
For me, it's just random. It doesn't hurt all the time but it sometimes does. Like I said, I have an issue with my jaw itself. You just got hit by someone. So I think yours will get better permanently.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
No background noise, I don't understand how people do that. If there is music playing it will get louder through the night, the flickering of the TV bugs me. All daytime distractions are turned off. Even the cell phone is moved to another room.
I used to sleep with music but had to stop that when I got married.
We have an old ceiling fan and it makes great "white noise". It's hideous looking but we won't replace it because all of the new fans are too quiet.

I like having my cell next to my bed. It's on silent while it charges. In the morning I wake up and check the weather, my email, calendar, Facebook and CD ...after all that I'm ready to face the day

Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I used to sleep with music but had to stop that when I got married.
We have an old ceiling fan and it makes great "white noise". It's hideous looking but we won't replace it because all of the new fans are too quiet.

I like having my cell next to my bed. It's on silent while it charges. In the morning I wake up and check the weather, my email, calendar, Facebook and CD ...after all that I'm ready to face the day
I love listening to music too before I go to sleep it calms me down. Even if I am sleeping with a girlfriend I pop in my earbuds at least for 15 minutes to help calm me down.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Lol, someone repped me for my last post on TMJ and said "I love you." I'm flattered that my explanation of TMJ brought out so much affection!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:47 AM

532 posts, read 1,177,205 times
Tired of being the one to constantly light the fire under my exes arse. Moving on. Sigh.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
I've mentioned it before, try a drop or two of lavender oil on a tissue placed on your pillow where you can get a good whiff. I had issues getting to sleep, this rarely ever fails for me. Deep breathing focusing on the exhaling breath can be somewhat helpful too. The breathing relaxes you, but only if you concentrate on the breaths and nothing else. Or counting sheep.

Believe me, I've suffered from some serious insomnia in the past till I started using these methods. I can't say there's never a case when I have something pending for the next day that I just am so overwhelmed that I can't seem to sleep no matter what. In such cases, I just get out of bed and find something to do, read and then use those methods and hope for the best. But such instances are extremely rare since lavender oil came into my life.

Oh and music used to do it for me, mainly Enya, not so much anymore.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
I sleep like a baby......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships