Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 01:32 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IRL I'm a pretty agreeable person. I don't talk all that much.

I don't know if it's a curse or a gift, but I see the irony and the contradictions in everything around me.... I think it's part of where I get considered "funny" by people.

Sometimes my observations offend people and I know I have offended some people here, people that I feel are good decent people.

Sometimes the disconnect between my brain and my typing fingers widens......more of an ebb and flow...I suppose.
IRL, I too am rather quiet person, but I'm never not going to speak my mind, though am mostly tactful when the situation warrants it. I won't mince words with people that are annoying me though if they require a response. Though, and seemingly, most people I encounter enjoy my company. When out and about people are always trying to get to know the TR for some reason, I have an aura that's like a spider's web, it draws them in, only the thrill is short lived. There's no never ending joy ride to be found at the center of this lollipop, just a kill shot. j/k. I'm the sweetest person one ever, oh who am I kidding.

^ That was fun, sometimes ya just have to ignore me, as I write to crack my own-self up. And it works. But I meant what I said.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
lol...IRL I'm FAR too talkative. Sometimes I need to hush up!

With that said, I'm VERY opinionated but I rarely share. I just smile and nod because I'm a peace-keeper (middle child...lol).

Quite frankly, I don't care to debate my opinion with anyone. I know I'm going going to change their mind and I don't have the energy for a conversation that just circles around and around and around.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I sometimes dabble around in the POC forum. Yeah, I have a slight masochistic streak in me. One of the things that I've always sort of struggled with is when people who really really identify with a political party or a political view.

I always have a hard time "picking a side" politically speaking. I have some views that would make hardcore right wingers cringe and same goes with the hardcore lefties.

I'm sort of all of the map in my views I guess.

I was just in that forum and people really self identify with their political party a little too much to me... too many kool aid drinkers on either side.

I see a lot of intellectual dishonesty going on there as well, all to preserve their party and to save face.
I can't handle the P&OC forum. I have too much of a practical and legal view. I tend to be pragmatic in my approach to politics and steer clear of going too far right or too far left.

Kool aid drinkers either side annoy me.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:42 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

With that said, I'm VERY opinionated but I rarely share. I just smile and nod because I'm a peace-keeper (middle child...lol).

Quite frankly, I don't care to debate my opinion with anyone. I know I'm going going to change their mind and I don't have the energy for a conversation that just circles around and around and around.
You can usually never change someone's mind, specially after arguing about a subject, most people just dig their feet in deeper, sometimes just to be onerous.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
So I'm here, cooking Easter dinner. Nothing spectacular...a turkey, some roasted veggies..etc.
Last night we colored eggs and I made a pie (traditional Italian Ricotta pie...YUM).

But anyway, I'm over the holidays. I don't really care to decorate and I'm tired of all the prep and cooking that goes into it. We usually go to the mountains for Easter but this year we waited too long to make those plans, and after travelling almost every weekend from Oct to now, I'm kind of over it.

My neighbor had the right idea. They all got dressed up and went out to brunch this morning. I'm doing that next year.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:

No, I won't engage the political and most controversial subject matter with most strangers or people at far opposing ends, I'm not the confrontational type either, but, as I said, if someone pushes my buttons or there is a point where I feel a response from me really is required, they will get the frank me. I do tend to have a bad habit of zoning out on people, so like I said, they get the blank look. LOL I do it on the phone as well, another reason I'm not much of a phone person.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
When I was in the 1st grade, we had a school program in the auditorium, having little skits & such. I won a box of candy by saying, "I'm going to be a lawyer, cos I heard my mama say, I ought to make a good one, I can talk all day".........hahahaha......

Old 04-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
So I'm here, cooking Easter dinner. Nothing spectacular...a turkey, some roasted veggies..etc.
Last night we colored eggs and I made a pie (traditional Italian Ricotta pie...YUM).

But anyway, I'm over the holidays. I don't really care to decorate and I'm tired of all the prep and cooking that goes into it. We usually go to the mountains for Easter but this year we waited too long to make those plans, and after travelling almost every weekend from Oct to now, I'm kind of over it.

My neighbor had the right idea. They all got dressed up and went out to brunch this morning. I'm doing that next year.
Sounds like a great plan, Sixy. I used to question the logic in people going out to eat instead of cooking up those big family meals, but really, for the person that has to do all the work and doesn't get much help with it all, or those with such busy lives that the holidays are the only down time they have it makes a great deal of sense. I'm surprised more families aren't going that route these days.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:58 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

That's where being a godless heathen has its benefits.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I'm ok with brunch. We went to my brother and sister in laws. I made a couscous dish with all sorts of vegetables that went over quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships