Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
At what point did it become socially acceptable to talk openly and freely about masturbation.

When I was growing up it was kept quite and hushed, no one ever admitted to doing it and people laughed and made fun you for even mentioning it.

Now, everywhere I turn around people are talking about it, like the same casualness of deciding what they are gonna have for dinner.....
i make masturbation jokes iRL, I don't necessarily talk about masturbating with all my friends or anything.

I don't know many people who would walk up to me and say "man, i just finished beating my meat, and it was like a geyser. Haven't been like that in a long time. Wonder what i ate, or if it was the chick I was beating it too..."

I don't get any of those conversations from people.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i make masturbation jokes iRL, I don't necessarily talk about masturbating with all my friends or anything.

I don't know many people who would walk up to me and say "man, i just finished beating my meat, and it was like a geyser. Haven't been like that in a long time. Wonder what i ate, or if it was the chick I was beating it too..."

I have coworkers making jokes about 'that chick was so hot I had to go rub one out'..... LOL, just stuff like that.....

Old 11-03-2013, 05:06 PM

769 posts, read 976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

That is when I put my make believe ear plugs on and go lalalalala.

This group that I work with now is much more professional compared to the last one.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:10 PM

So I have a conundrum right now that I have been thinking about.

I moved down to Charleston on a bit of a whim well as much was a whim as finding a job can be. I was in a dead end relationship that was toxic and I was dealing with work drama. Cutbacks, paycuts, really cruddy stuff. After I got down here there was issues with the guy that was going to mentor me (got arrested). I spent all summer studying for my security + exam.

However, I really miss MD a lot. I think because it is what I am used to. The cost of living is about the same up there as in Metro Charleston. My horse board is about 400 more a month. The old job is wanting me to come back and I am seriously considering it. There is no way the ex and I will get back together and I. He said some REALLY mean things that I just can't forgive. Now I am starting to make friends here but I still miss MD.

I don't know what to do. I just got my salary adjsuted to what I was making before all the paycuts. One option is that I continue to work down here and get my CISSP certification. That way I can still move back in time but will be in a different group compared to what I was.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post

I moved down to Charleston on a bit of a whim well as much was a whim as finding a job can be. I was in a dead end relationship that was toxic and I was dealing with work drama. Cutbacks, paycuts, really cruddy stuff. After I got down here there was issues with the guy that was going to mentor me (got arrested). I spent all summer studying for my security + exam.

However, I really miss MD a lot. I think because it is what I am used to. The cost of living is about the same up there as in Metro Charleston. My horse board is about 400 more a month. The old job is wanting me to come back and I am seriously considering it. There is no way the ex and I will get back together and I. He said some REALLY mean things that I just can't forgive. Now I am starting to make friends here but I still miss MD.

I don't know what to do. I just got my salary adjsuted to what I was making before all the paycuts. One option is that I continue to work down here and get my CISSP certification. That way I can still move back in time but will be in a different group compared to what I was.
Good luck in your decision.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:21 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post

I vote, at the very least, you complete your certification, at least you will have a feeling of accomplishment and the certification you can use to further your career regardless of if you so choose to stay or go.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM

I do love Charleston but I really don't know anyone my age. Today I rode on a trail ride with one of the boarders who is close enough. We will ride together again. she can't get over how wonderful the horse i was riding was going. He is a bit of a fruitcake and will explode. He lead the trail ride and only spooke twice. He put his big boy pants on. Also my spur might have had something to do with that!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I love when it gets dark at 4:30. The only downside is that I can't go for walks/runs after work. I haven't figured out how I will get my exercise in yet. I have a gym membership until the 25th, but I don't think I am going to renew.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I love when it gets dark at 4:30. The only downside is that I can't go for walks/runs after work. I haven't figured out how I will get my exercise in yet. I have a gym membership until the 25th, but I don't think I am going to renew.
Do you go alone? I run in the dark at night, but not in the morning. At night there are still people out and about around here...in the morning it's just the neighbor up the street drinking coffee in his undies...LOL

Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I broke down and stepped on the scale this morning....

Not a good thing let me tell you... the pants were getting tighter and same with the shirts... the scale threw me off how much I turned into 'big papa'......

I'm gonna have to hit the cardio... no bones about it.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships