Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 08:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The wife cooked a turkey then we took it over to Mom's house. We just got back from cruising the retail lots for the idiot fest. Somehow black Friday probably won't have the same amount of punch.

BTW Trosa I know how you feel. We separated a 15lb box of bacon into freezer bags- not fun at all, but it had to be done.
So wouldn't that make you part of the idiot fest? Just sayin'

Your turkey shoot winnings huh?
It would take us years to finish off 15lbs of bacon. What the hell are you going to do with all of that? LOL

Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The wife cooked a turkey then we took it over to Mom's house. We just got back from cruising the retail lots for the idiot fest. Somehow black Friday probably won't have the same amount of punch.

BTW Trosa I know how you feel. We separated a 15lb box of bacon into freezer bags- not fun at all, but it had to be done.
Bacon, bacon, did you say bacon. Yes, even for bacon it would be a pain, but so much more worthwhile. Knowing me, six months from now, some of that turkey will still be sitting in the back of the freezer heading to the garbage. Good intentions for soup fixings and all. But Bacon, I'd much rather find a good deal there.

I'll probably stop in Marshalls and Ross to pick up a few some nice gifts. I'm lucky in that what we get for crowds would probably just be a typical day at a store for many areas. Except when they let the buses filled with tourist from out of the country that make stops here ever so often. Usually a lot very similar looking tall people with strong accents descend on Marshalls and Ross.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful day.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So wouldn't that make you part of the idiot fest? Just sayin'

Your turkey shoot winnings huh?
It would take us years to finish off 15lbs of bacon. What the hell are you going to do with all of that? LOL
If I were to start my diet, I could finish off that much bacon in a month. Bacon and eggs every morning, bacon in salad, lettuce blt, hold the bread. Please hold me back. It's time to give it some thought. I need to get rid of my holiday spread.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
If I were to start my diet, I could finish off that much bacon in a month. Bacon and eggs every morning, bacon in salad, lettuce blt, hold the bread. Please hold me back. It's time to give it some thought. I need to get rid of my holiday spread.
I used a 1/2 package in the brussel sprouts today. Other than that, the last time we had bacon was a few months ago.

Yeah, tell me about it! I think I've turned into a happy little fat person!
I know it's bad when my husband tells me I need to go and run with him tomorrow
Guess my gluttony is showing

Old 11-28-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I used a 1/2 package in the brussel sprouts today. Other than that, the last time we had bacon was a few months ago.

Yeah, tell me about it! I think I've turned into a happy little fat person!
I know it's bad when my husband tells me I need to go and run with him tomorrow
Guess my gluttony is showing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCv_OEtTn2M

Old 11-28-2013, 09:32 PM

I have just come to the realization that I will have to be hitched for the rest of my life, lest I burn my house down.

I am a complete space cadet sometimes. Last night I left my wax burner on...tonight I put the kettle on and complete forgot I had done so in the 5 minutes it took to whistle. The worst part is I didn't even remember WHEN it started to whistle and I thought "what in the hell is that noise??" and then it finally clicked.

Sheesh...sometimes it's scary how bad my memory is.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I have just come to the realization that I will have to be hitched for the rest of my life, lest I burn my house down.

I am a complete space cadet sometimes. Last night I left my wax burner on...tonight I put the kettle on and complete forgot I had done so in the 5 minutes it took to whistle. The worst part is I didn't even remember WHEN it started to whistle and I thought "what in the hell is that noise??" and then it finally clicked.

Sheesh...sometimes it's scary how bad my memory is.
I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but, if you are serious and things like that continuously happen, make sure you tell your doctor.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but, if you are serious and things like that continuously happen, make sure you tell your doctor.
It comes with the thyroid issues. It's been going on for years and I have some good days, some bad. When I start forgetting about the people in my life, then I have real issues!

Old 11-28-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
It comes with the thyroid issues. It's been going on for years and I have some good days, some bad. When I start forgetting about the people in my life, then I have real issues!
OK, I was just making sure you were checking into it, because my doctors brushed me off at first, but then after much more complaining about the issue, that's when my doctor discovered during testing I was have frequent seizures. I've taking the medicine to prevent them ever since, sometimes they still happen, but are much more under control, I don't have to take as frequent naps., but still can't drive.

Just glad you know what's going on with you.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:17 PM

Sixy, and the rest of you, thank you for being a part of my day in some small way, it made the time pass without a care. I'm heading off to bed.

I hope you all have a great rest of week/weekend, blah, blah and all that good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships