Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM

428 posts, read 445,673 times

Advertisements

I agree^ that is why I posted what I did. A mess like me won't have any female "friends".....

They are "love interests" instead. Not "friends"......

Someone is attracted to each other. Either her, me or BOTH.

Gay men and women have little in common with guys like me.

I don't need extras...I already have over 50 male friends as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Its possible for men and women to be friends. Its not possible for them to be friends completely free of sexual attraction. This is even true of one person is gay. Most women lust for their gay male friends.

This is why gay men and lesbians don't become friends.

The vast majority of men are sexually attracted to their female friends and would sleep with them if the woman came on to them. The vast majority of men are only friends with women they have some level of sexual attraction for. In the cases where the man has no attraction, the woman usually does. Her attraction for him makes her chase him and serve him and this is the only reason the man associates with her.

There is no true friendship between men and women. One side always has some level of attraction.
Eh, over the years I've had many guy friends... the ones who have disappeared I suspected were in it for something else (a few I know were, as when they got drunk their true feelings appeared) and a few are really just friends, I don't believe there has been sexual attraction..... and I have never been attracted to them.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 PM

428 posts, read 445,673 times
We got a lot of female friends. lmao

Spoiler

NOT!!!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Do you think it's possible that a man and woman can be platonic friends and nothing will become serious later on?
I have never been shown a single reason in my life to even suspect it is not possible.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
I'm not sure. I used to say yes but then all of my male friends would try to cross a line which is a problem since I'm married.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 AM

204 posts, read 351,285 times
I would say no because if I find a female attractive, there ain't no I wouldn't try and make a move on her

Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I'm not sure. I used to say yes but then all of my male friends would try to cross a line which is a problem since I'm married.
That tends to be exactly what makes people think men and women can not be just friends. They can think of some examples where one or more people failed - and extrapolate from that that it is not possible.

Are there people who attempted to be "just friends" and failed? Yes. Absolutely. Lots of them.

Does this mean therefore that it is no possible? No - of course not. Many people do it - and do it perfectly well. Myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
I would say no because if I find a female attractive, there ain't no I wouldn't try and make a move on her
Similarly to above I think you are over extrapolating from one anecdote. Could -you- do it? You claim not. does that mean men and women can't do it in general? No. It does not. Many of us have absolutely no issue with remaining "just friends" with other people - regardless of how physically attractive we personally subjectively measure them to be or not be.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 AM

643 posts, read 918,082 times
Quote:
Do you think it's possible that a man and woman can be platonic friends and nothing will become serious later on?
Yes, but its completely dependent on both the woman and man not viewing the relationship as anything more right at the beginning. I think its perfectly OK, but if one of the two (usually the dude) has any feelings, it just will never quite work out. I have one really close girl friend and we both just see each other almost like a sibling, so once that line has been strongly drawn, the friendship will be just fine.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
In theory yes. But it hasn't been my experience.
Many men have played white knight in my life. LOL online offline

Moment they found out I am in a relationship with somebody else, they started to ignore me, being nasty to me, or disappear on me. But I do have a lot of guy friends in real life who care about me. They are all married or are in serious relationships themselves.

So yes, it is possible to be friends. Women should avoid the so called "nice guys". Then problem solved.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-04-2013 at 05:06 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 06:54 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Eh, over the years I've had many guy friends... the ones who have disappeared I suspected were in it for something else (a few I know were, as when they got drunk their true feelings appeared) and a few are really just friends, I don't believe there has been sexual attraction..... and I have never been attracted to them.
So you believe if you offered sex they would turn it down?

This is always the question of TRUTH women never want to ask themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships