Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:05 PM

769 posts, read 977,601 times

Advertisements

I post on Facebook and I am a happy person. I have quite a bit of family members on there and it is how we keep up with each other's lives.

She probably has moved on..

Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,668,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
That's why I dumped her.
Okay.

I agree with the others that she probably has moved on. You have to too. If you need to unfriend her to do that, then do so. Only worry about your own well-being and feelings, not hers.

Sometimes you have to accept that a person you like a lot is just not right for you.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,810,348 times
Jesus H. Jones Unfriend her already. It doesn't matter who unfriends who.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM

709 posts, read 1,131,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why are you still playing games with her if you don't want to be with her? And why are you spending so much time thinking about this? You don't want to make her seem important enough to unfriend - yet you are spending an awful lot of thought on why she is posting the pictures she is posting, how often she looks at your page, etc. If she doesn't mean anything to you - simply unfriend her and move on.

Actually, I know a lot of happy people on Facebook. A lot of them simply like sharing. I would say that people with more time on their hands post more often - but I don't think that happiness is a factor.
Well we broke up a year ago and this has been going on the entire time. I didn't care or pay much attention to it until TODAY. For some reason today when I logged onto Facebook and saw her post like 20 pictures again something just went off in my head.. like what the heck is she doing??? lol.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM

803 posts, read 1,880,390 times
Quote:
I think she is pretending to be more happy, but is really miserable. Most happy people I know are not on Facebook much. Most frequent posters are bored (like you said) or trying to prove something by showing off.

I only check it once a day to see whats new with people and see if I have any invites. She is always on the news feed though.

yeah, so true. Alot of people who have this insanely perfect happy life that we see thru facebook posts and tags are sometimes just trying to portray this picture of themselves. Truthfully, sites like Facebook are self serving and should be called "Bragbook" for some people.

i knew a girl who was portraying to be this great mom to be and loving her pregnancy. she would always post "eating clean" or taking care of your body posts.. and truth is, i would always see her on her front porch smoking cigarettes. even caught her at the convenience store buying alcohol. yeah she couldve been buying it for someone else but sometimes, she smelt like booze.

u said u dumped her.. so u basically stopped the relationship from moving further. she could be trying to show u that "oh im living my life , look at me " she could be trying to get your attention. and by this thread, is sorta, kinda working because your wondering about it.

ehh, just ignore the post, dont be stubborn if u want to unfriend her, just do it.

Unfriending her might make her think a two things:

1. u couldnt stand to see her happy so u had to delete her from your newsfeed because you cant take the emotional turmoil her happiness is causing you.

OR

2. u deleted her because u wanted her to call u to ask u why u deleted her.

Honestly, dont put too much stock in what she thinks or does because shes an ex for a reason. Focus your energy on things worth thinking about.

Last edited by Mandy612; 11-02-2013 at 07:20 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 07:15 PM

709 posts, read 1,131,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Okay.

I agree with the others that she probably has moved on. You have to too. If you need to unfriend her to do that, then do so. Only worry about your own well-being and feelings, not hers.

Sometimes you have to accept that a person you like a lot is just not right for you.
You're right. This is true. Its silly to keep her on my Facebook just to play a silly chicken game.

I just wish she would unfriend me first. I hate feeling like the weaker party. Especially since I dumped HER.

If a girl dumps me I unfriend her immediately. But when I dump her I expect her to unfriend me. But she won't.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,186,389 times
Quote:
You're right. This is true. Its silly to keep her on my Facebook just to play a silly chicken game.

I just wish she would unfriend me first. I hate feeling like the weaker party. Especially since I dumped HER.

If a girl dumps me I unfriend her immediately. But when I dump her I expect her to unfriend me. But she won't.
I don't even understand why this is an issue. How does the person doing the unfriending become the weaker party? Geez. Just do what you want and stop over analyzing everything.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:19 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,359,302 times
Its really simple, man: there's a friends tab button with the option to unfriend/block at the very bottom.

I suggest, you click on it. Game Over

Old 11-02-2013, 07:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,668,355 times
Quote:

You could also unfriend her because she posts too dang much and clutters up your page, thus distracting you from other more important things. Maybe you don't want to see her ugly mug every 5 mins.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times
Quote:
Sometimes people become obsessed with you when you reject them.
It sounds like you're the one that is guilty of obsessing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships