Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 06:37 AM

428 posts, read 475,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It wouldn't happen at all if he took the role of primary caregiver. The men who don't are the ones complaining.
How can a guy would be a primary caregiver if he expected to be a primary breadwinner ?

The men who don't are the ones complaining
In that daddy blues article about 75 % of the men said the same thing. You cannot be serious.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
Google this topic and it comes up quite a few times. It may be true of most women, but its not true of all women. Men don't have to give up the idea of marriage and family, it just means that you have to be very careful about choosing a wife. I am fortunate in that my wife has always been faithful and loving toward me, but I can't say I have a magic secret picking a wife. My only guess would be to be careful of the woman who is "baby crazy", or whose whole focus is on the "things" she will eventually have once she gets married, a nice house, nice cars, vacations, stuff. If you get the idea that what she likes is not you as a person, but the stuff her husband might provide, my advice is to run.

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post

Men Are 30% More Likely to Die After Losing Their Wife, but Women Remain Unaffected

Study: Husbands who lose wives 30% more likely to die an early death « Hot Air Headlines

Why is this then ?
Is it not enough prove that men love women far more than women love men ?
Not necessarily. It says that the men suffered the loss of affection and caretaking. Perhaps the widows don't die at the same rate because they didn't have as much affection and caretaking to miss. Wives are still overwhelmingly the primary caretaker of the home, particularly among older people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Dude, you can't judge the entire human race based solely off of your parents. I hope school teaches you that there is more to life than what you see day to day. Your observations don't prove anything on a global scale. They are your opinions on your parents... and even then you may still be wrong.
I even posted so many articles which prove my theory. What more do you want to read now ?

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Well yes. Any man who want some love from his wife is a man child. I would shut my mouth from now on.
I'll wager that love from a wife over a child has nothing to do with it. Although shutting your mouth does come into play. Sometimes both partners have to just shut up, put the me-show aside, and do what needs to be done.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Not necessarily. It says that the men suffered the loss of affection and caretaking. Perhaps the widows don't die at the same rate because they didn't have as much affection and caretaking to miss. Wives are still overwhelmingly the primary caretaker of the home, particularly among older people.
It has a lot to do with love as women remain unaffected after the loss of their husbands. So it says something.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Google this topic and it comes up quite a few times. It may be true of most women, but its not true of all women. Men don't have to give up the idea of marriage and family, it just means that you have to be very careful about choosing a wife. I am fortunate in that my wife has always been faithful and loving toward me, but I can't say I have a magic secret picking a wife. My only guess would be to be careful of the woman who is "baby crazy", or whose whole focus is on the "things" she will eventually have once she gets married, a nice house, nice cars, vacations, stuff. If you get the idea that what she likes is not you as a person, but the stuff her husband might provide, my advice is to run.

My only guess would be to be careful of the woman who is "baby crazy"

All women are baby crazy. They only marry for this reason. Can't blame them though.
But i am glad you find the right one. Very rare though.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
How can a guy would be a primary caregiver if he expected to be a primary breadwinner ?

The men who don't are the ones complaining
In that daddy blues article about 75 % of the men said the same thing. You cannot be serious.
The vast majority of mothers work outside the home and the vast majority are primary caregivers. And I'm dead serious. That is the makings of crappy marriages. If these guys pulled up their big boy pants and took on the roles they should, which is up front and center, primary parenting they wouldn't have the time to complain.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Even if men do love women more than women love men, why should that stop people from being with each other? Love is a nice thing.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Even if men do love women more than women love men, why should that stop people from being with each other? Love is a nice thing.
I never said that. Did i ?
It would definitely stop ME though because i know if i ever fall in love with someone then i would do anything for her. ANYTHING. And i am damn sure that i would not get the same love back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships